Support Worker - Wigan - 00042F871
United Kingdom || Wigan || || WN1 1NJ
We are looking to recruit 2 Support workers - one will definitely be full time but the other could be part-time.
The posts will be based at Harvey Centre, which is just on the outskirts of the town centre, but due to covid restrictions it would be preferable if applicants had their own IT equipment to enable some work to be done from home. A Smart phone will be provided to allow mobile access to e-mails etc.
The post will cover Family Time sessions with looked after children and their parents. Applicants would need to have good time management skills and the ability to manage their own case load, working within the team to provide cover of others when needed and have good levels of assessment and reporting skills. During session they would needed to work with parents and children using interventions to promote improved levels of parenting. Good understanding of interventions and activities to promote all areas of child development, reducing conflict and promoting quality Family Time are essential.
An essential qualification is level 3 or above in child development/youth services/social care etc
What's on offer for the Support Worker?
- Excellent competitive pay rate
- Excellent management structure with experienced leaders
- Desirable location with excellent transport links
- A stable and well-supported working environment
You must have:
- A professional qualification in social work and experience of working with Adults, in particular previous experience of Assessment work
- Social Work England registration or Social Care Wales registration for North Wales.
- Post qualified experience.
- Enhanced DBS/Update service.
- References required for the last 5 years of employment
Benefits of working with Semester.co.uk:
- Free on-going training opportunities upon registering as part of our commitment to you.
- Competitive Rates of pay
- In house payroll, providing weekly payments and support
- Enhanced DBS completed.
- Support and expert advice from an approachable, dedicated and friendly team
- An assigned dedicated & experienced consultant
- Various employment opportunities in your preferred geographical area
- Flexible hours to meet your needs, full or part time
- Recommend a friend bonus scheme
- “Find your own job” bonus – get £250 for bringing your own position to us *
If you would like to find out more information about this role, or the other opportunities Semester.co.uk have available feel free to click the 'Apply' button below or contact the team on 0161 4199285**