Team Manager Childrens - Manchester - 0004180E1
United Kingdom || Wigan || || WN1 1YN
Duty Team Manager:
• A description of each service and specific area of responsibility.
The Duty Team Team Manager is responsible for managing a team of Social Worker's who undertake Child and Family Assessments and Section 47 enquiries, including attendance at strategy meetings. Social Workers will be expected to undertake some Child in Need work. The transfer points for the team include at first CiN meeting for complex CiN work, ICPC and at First Hearing. Accordingly SW will be expected to prepare Initial Conference Reports and on occasions initiate proceedings and complete the Social Work Evidence Template.
The Team Manager is responsible for supervision, managing performance, attendance at meetings, chairing strategy meetings, implementation of changes to practice.
• How the team is shaped
The teams are managed by a Team Manager and supported by an Advanced Practitioner. The teams have seven Social Workers and accordingly there is a good level of management support and oversight. A monthly supervision policy is in place and practitioner are expected to prepare in advance for supervision.
• Caseload numbers
An experienced Social Worker can expect to have no more than twenty-five children on their caseload. There is an expectation that assessments are completed efficiently are based on robust and proportionate information and sound analysis. Signs of Safety is the underpinning practice operating model.
• How your teams are working through the pandemic
During Covid, agile working has been implemented with staff working from home. All visits are risk assessed to determine the appropriate method of contacting and working with children and their family.
What's on offer for the Social Worker?
- Excellent competitive pay rate
- Excellent management structure with experienced leaders
- Desirable location with excellent transport links
- A stable and well-supported working environment
You must have:
- A professional qualification in social work and experience of working with Adults, in particular previous experience of Assessment work
- Social Work England registration or Social Care Wales registration for North Wales.
- Post qualified experience.
- Enhanced DBS/Update service.
- References required for the last 5 years of employment
Benefits of working with Semester.co.uk:
- Free on-going training opportunities upon registering as part of our commitment to you.
- Competitive Rates of pay
- In house payroll, providing weekly payments and support
- Enhanced DBS completed.
- Support and expert advice from an approachable, dedicated and friendly team
- An assigned dedicated & experienced consultant
- Various employment opportunities in your preferred geographical area
- Flexible hours to meet your needs, full or part time
- Recommend a friend bonus scheme
- “Find your own job” bonus – get £250 for bringing your own position to us *
If you would like to find out more information about this role, or the other opportunities Semester.co.uk have available feel free to click the 'Apply' button below or contact the team on 0161 4199285**