Lettings Assistant - Gateshead - #1002472912114883
United Kingdom || Gateshead || Regent Street || NE8 1JN
To provide tailored advice and support to customers throughout the rehousing process and ensure effective letting and marketing of properties.
The key roles of this post will include:
1. Providing tailored advice and information to customers regarding the rehousing process and their prospects
2. Shortlisting applicants from the Housing Register, carrying out pre-tenancy checks and administering references to ensure all properties are let in an open and transparent way and in accordance with relevant policy
3. Answering enquiries via telephone, responding to letters, electronic messages and emails and undertaking customer home visits and drop in sessions as required
4. Providing excellent customer service, liaising effectively with customers and other services on potential offers of property
5. Working effectively with the voids, vacant property and housing options teams to identify incoming properties and potentially suitable applicants to provide a proactive lettings service
6. Effective liaison with other services on offers and refusals of property and updating ICT systems to ensure applicants details are kept up to date.
7. Assisting in the collation of reports and statistical information where required
8. Assisting in the development of continuous improvement in services by partaking in training sessions, workshops, focus groups and other projects as required
- To demonstrate a positive, diverse and inclusive attitude to both internal and external customers and colleagues
10. Such other responsibilities allocated which are appropriate to the grade of the post.
· Working in a customer orientated service
· Dealing with enquiries in a professional, caring and helpful manner
· Excellent Organisational and Time Management skills
· Effective Communication skills
· 5 GCSE’s (at least grade c) or equivalent including Maths and English or relevant experience
· Current Housing Issues
· Housing and Lettings Policy
· IT skills including office based software
· Ability to demonstrate a good understanding of equality and diversity and the ability to evidence how this would be displayed within the workplace
· Marketing properties
· Choice based lettings schemes
· Full driving license
· Housing Qualification
· Abritas allocations system
· Northgate allocations system
· Working as part of a diverse and inclusive workforce
2.1 Working with People
Shows respect for the views and contributions of other team members;
shows empathy; listens, supports and cares for others; consults others and
shares information and expertise with them; builds team spirit and reconciles
conflict; adapts to the team and fits in well.
3.1 Relating and Networking
Easily establishes good relationships with customers and staff; relates well to
people at all levels; builds wide and effective networks of contacts; uses
humour appropriately to bring warmth to relationships with others.
5.1 Learning and Researching
Rapidly learns new tasks and commits information to memory quickly;
demonstrates an immediate understanding of newly presented information;
gathers comprehensive information to support decision making; encourages
an organisational learning approach (i.e. learns from successes and failures
and seeks staff and customer feedback).
6.1 Planning and Organising
Sets clearly defined objectives; plans activities and projects well in advance
and takes account of possible changing circumstances; identifies and
organises resources needed to accomplish tasks; manages time effectively;
monitors performance against deadlines and milestones.
6.2 Delivering Results and Meeting Customer Expectations
Focuses on customer needs and satisfaction; sets high standards for quality
and quantity; monitors and maintains quality and productivity; works in a
systematic, methodical and orderly way; consistently achieves project goals.
6.3 Following Instructions and Procedures
Not challenging authority; follows procedures and policies; keeps to
schedules; arrives punctually for work and meetings; demonstrates
commitment to the organisation; complies with legal obligations and safety
requirements of the role.
7.1 Adapting and Responding to change
Adapts to changing circumstances; tolerates ambiguity; accepts new ideas
and change initiatives; adapts interpersonal style to suit different people or
situations; shows an interest in new experiences.
7.2 Coping with Pressures and Setbacks
Maintains a positive outlook at work; works productively in a pressurised
environment; keeps emotions under control during difficult situations;
handles criticism well and learns from it; balances the demands of a work life
and a personal life.
What's on offer?
- Excellent competitive pay rate, paid weekly.
- Excellent management structure with experienced leaders
- Opportunities to work remotely
- A stable and well-supported working environment
You must have:
- Previous experience within the same or similar role.
- Along with your 'Right to Work' documents we will need 2-3 references from previous employers.
- Relevant qualifications/certificates.
- DBS desired (Not essential for all roles)
Benefits of working with Semester.co.uk:
- Free on-going training opportunities upon registering as part of our commitment to you.
- Competitive Rates of pay
- In house payroll, providing weekly payments and support
- Enhanced DBS completed.
- Support and expert advice from an approachable, dedicated and friendly team
- An assigned dedicated & experienced consultant
- Various employment opportunities in your preferred geographical area
- Flexible hours to meet your needs, full or part time
- Recommend a friend bonus scheme
- “Find your own job” bonus – get £250 for bringing your own position to us *
If you would like to find out more information about this role, or the other opportunities Semester.co.uk have available feel free to click the 'Apply' button below or contact the team on 0161 4199285**