Childrens Social Worker (EDT) - Oldham - 0004128E1
United Kingdom || Oldham || Rochdale Road || OL1 2JH
The role of the Senior Practitioner on the Emergency Duty Team (EDT) is to respond to social care emergencies that requires intervention by the Local Authority outside of normal working hours. The core duties include undertaking investigations, assessments and developing time limited plans to safeguard vulnerable children or adults where required. The nature of the work can be complex and fast paced which requires thorough and robust decision making skills. As a qualified and registered Social Worker and Approved Mental Health Professional (AMHP) you will have a broad and detailed knowledge of the legislation that underpins the statutory duties of the Emergency Duty Team. A Senior Practitioner on EDT would be expected to continue to develop professionally, and be accountable for the delivery of, and promote, social work good practice.
To screen referrals and undertake investigations and assessments in line the Local Authorities statutory duties. This includes assessment and investigations for vulnerable children, Adults and undertaking assessments under the Mental Health Act.
To maintain records in necessary formats and ensure content by self and team is accurate and personal information is kept confidential.
To prepare, attend and participate in meetings and decision-making forums, for example, Court appearances, Reviews, Panels, Case Conferences or team meetings. To chair meetings as appropriate.
To provide information, data and statistics as required.
To inform managers of service deficiencies or issues interfering with delivering an efficient service, assist to identify and make suggestions for opportunities for improvement.
To act for and advocate on behalf of Service Users, Carers and Families, within the boundaries of corporate and directorate policies.
To develop and maintain appropriate working relationships with partnership agencies, including health and voluntary sector agencies.
- This is an office and community based role
- Candidate must be an Approved Mental Health Professional and have a current AMHP Warrant
- Knowledge of both Children’s Social Care and Adults Social Care
- Able to drive and have own vehicle insured for business use
we have open opportunity for Covid testing every Monday and Friday
Benefits of working with Semester.co.uk:
- Free on-going training opportunities upon registering as part of our commitment to you.
- Competitive Rates of pay
- In house payroll, providing weekly payments and support
- Enhanced DBS completed.
- Support and expert advice from an approachable, dedicated and friendly team
- An assigned dedicated & experienced consultant
- Various employment opportunities in your preferred geographical area
- Flexible hours to meet your needs, full or part time
- Recommend a friend bonus scheme
- “Find your own job” bonus – get £250 for bringing your own position to us *
If you would like to find out more information about this role, or the other opportunities Semester.co.uk have available feel free to click the 'Apply' button below or contact the team on 0161 4199285**