Adults Social Worker - Cornwall - 5164375
Trewhiddle Road, Saint Austell, PL25 5BZ, PL25 5DA, United Kingdom
The Social Worker will be required to maintain their knowledge regarding social policy and social work practice and work within the appropriate legislative context; to be responsible for undertaking all social work tasks within Government and departmental prescribed timescales and standards, ensuring the welfare of the adult is paramount at all times To actively promote self-learning to ensure professional development and provide high quality practice in line with Professional Capability Framework (PCF); actively contribute to appropriate supervision, appraisal and development opportunities, observing the requirements of the HCPC To work with other team members and multi-disciplinary team members from other agencies to meet the needs of vulnerable adults, operating as an effective member of the operational team To ensure the views and wishes of individuals and carers are given appropriate consideration and are central to all decision making To act to protect adults in need of support services in line with legal requirements and CFA procedures and to ensure that all aspects of the councils safeguarding policies are observed Job title Social Worker Corporate Directorate Adult Social Care Service Adult Care and Support 2 Information Classification: CONTROLLED To act within a framework which promotes independence, prevention, re-ablement and self-determination; facilitating effective communication with families, carers, individuals and other agencies Work within the Council’s budgetary framework and have understanding with regard to Local Authority legal limits and negotiation with Continuing Health Care and other streams of funding
What's on offer for the Social Worker?
- Excellent competitive pay rate
- Excellent management structure with experienced leaders
- Desirable location with excellent transport links
- A stable and well-supported working environment
You must have:
- A professional qualification in social work and experience of working with Adults, in particular previous experience of Assessment work
- Social Work England registration or Social Care Wales registration for North Wales.
- Post qualified experience.
- Enhanced DBS/Update service.
- References required for the last 5 years of employment
Benefits of working with Semester.co.uk:
- Free on-going training opportunities upon registering as part of our commitment to you.
- Competitive Rates of pay
- In house payroll, providing weekly payments and support
- Enhanced DBS completed.
- Support and expert advice from an approachable, dedicated and friendly team
- An assigned dedicated & experienced consultant
- Various employment opportunities in your preferred geographical area
- Flexible hours to meet your needs, full or part time
- Recommend a friend bonus scheme
- “Find your own job” bonus – get £250 for bringing your own position to us *
If you would like to find out more information about this role, or the other opportunities Semester.co.uk have available feel free to click the 'Apply' button below or contact the team on 0161 4199285**