Children's Services Social Worker in Wrexham
Lambpit Street, Wrexham, LL11 1AR, United Kingdom
To provide a social work service to children/young people and their families who are in need of, or who are receiving, services from the Local Authority. To take appropriate action in the provision of Departmental Services, and to ensure all children and young people referred have a plan based on an assessment of need, and that such plans are reviewed and modified as appropriate.
1. Client Base
Children and young people and their families in a given locality who are in need of, or who are receiving, services from the Local Authority.
2. Method of Intervention
· Responding to the social work requirements of cases allocated by the Team Manager in terms of assessment, planning and reviews.
· Engaging in individual direct casework with children, young people and families.
· Undertaking detailed and thorough needs assessment of referrals
· Planning and offering a range of interventions and enabling access to services provided by the Department, other agencies and voluntary bodies, to help children, young people and their families overcome disadvantage, problems and difficulties.
3. Statutory Authority
Working within and implementing the relevant legislation, i.e. Children Act 1989 Guidance & Regulations, Social Work Guidelines, Children’s Service Plan, and Departmental Policies
Benefits of working with Semester.co.uk:
- Free on-going training opportunities upon registering as part of our commitment to you.
- Competitive Rates of pay
- In house payroll, providing weekly payments and support
- Enhanced DBS completed.
- Support and expert advice from an approachable, dedicated and friendly team
- An assigned dedicated & experienced consultant
- Various employment opportunities in your preferred geographical area
- Flexible hours to meet your needs, full or part time
- Recommend a friend bonus scheme
- “Find your own job” bonus – get £250 for bringing your own position to us *
If you would like to find out more information about this role, or the other opportunities Semester.co.uk have available feel free to click the 'Apply' button below or contact the team on 0161 4199285**