Adults Social Worker in Oldham
Oldham OL1 1UT, UK
We are looking for experienced Social Workers to support with initial assessent and care planning, including consideration of Mental Capacity, DOLS and Safeguarding as relevant. Posts will be based in community teams, to support with initial assessment onward review of care packages and Enablement services, as well as supporting onward flow from hospital discharges to our bed-based Enablement (intermediate care) settings. Posts are for up to 4 weeks initially.
To have a responsibility for a caseload, including undertaking assessments, developing Care & Support Plans, and revising them as appropriate once they are implemented. To improve life opportunities for Service Users, Carers and Families using social work methods and models. To continue to develop professionally, and be accountable for the delivery of, and promote, social work good practice.
To prepare for social work contact and involvement, including reviewing case notes, liaising with others for additional information and evaluating information.
To undertake the assessment of support needs for Service Users, Carers and Families, where their circumstances may be difficult and unstable, and assist in screening referrals. To develop/ assist to develop Care & Support Plans for Service Users.
To produce, deliver, evaluate and update Care & Support Plans and packages, in order to resolve practical and emotional social care, health and well-being difficulties.
To work with Service Users, Carers and Families to assist them to make informed choices and decisions as part of Self Directed Care and Individual Budgets, considering the available resources and the most appropriate service interventions.
To be proactive with respect to Safeguarding issues and following relevant policies and procedures if abuse is suspected.
To identify, assess and manage risks to Service Users, Carers and Families, and contribute towards a positive change to behaviour to reduce risk.
To respond to crisis situations, making assessments about urgency and using appropriate legal intervention.
To ensure all relevant systems (e.g. MOSAIC) are updated in a timely manner and information/outcomes are accurately recorded. To maintain a high standard of data quality on social care systems. To ensure all personal information is confidential.
To prepare, attend and participate in meetings and decision-making forums, for example, Court appearances, Reviews, Panels, Case Conferences or team meetings. To chair meetings as appropriate.
To act for and advocate on behalf of Service Users, Carers and Families, within the boundaries of corporate and directorate policies.
To provide information, reports, data and statistics appropriate to their purpose, for example, Panel Reports or Court Reports.
To develop and maintain appropriate working relationships with partnership agencies, including health and voluntary sector agencies.
To adopt and embrace required changes and advances in working practices, particularly those which incorporate the use of ICT.
To attend, prepare for and participate in formal supervision sessions, including examining own performance, identify learning needs and ensure sufficient support for professional development is taking place.
To inform managers of service deficiencies or issues interfering with delivering an efficient service, assist to identify and make suggestions for opportunities for improvement.
To attend and participate in learning, training and development activities, in line with local and national requirements.
What's on offer for the Social Worker?
- Excellent competitive pay rate
- Excellent management structure with experienced leaders
- Desirable location with excellent transport links
- A stable and well-supported working environment
You must have:
- A professional qualification in social work and experience of working with Children, in particular previous experience of Assessment work
- Social Work England registration or Social Care Wales registration for North Wales.
- Post qualified experience.
- Enhanced DBS/Update service.
- References required for the last 5 years of employment.
- Home based working supported, though essential assessment visits required - includes travel across Oldham, especially to specific Enablement and client home settings.
Benefits of working with Semester.co.uk:
- Free on-going training opportunities upon registering as part of our commitment to you.
- Competitive Rates of pay
- In house payroll, providing weekly payments and support
- Enhanced DBS completed.
- Support and expert advice from an approachable, dedicated and friendly team
- An assigned dedicated & experienced consultant
- Various employment opportunities in your preferred geographical area
- Flexible hours to meet your needs, full or part time
- Recommend a friend bonus scheme
- “Find your own job” bonus – get £250 for bringing your own position to us *
If you would like to find out more information about this role, or the other opportunities Semester.co.uk have available feel free to click the 'Apply' button below or contact the team on 0161 4199285**