Social Worker for the Permanence Team in Rochdale
Rochdale OL16 1XL, UK
Rochdale’s Post Order and Permanence Team is a specialist social work team working with families who have experienced the court process. The team is managed by an experienced manager and we have a committed dedicated social work service who continually go the extra mile for our children.
We are looking to appoint as part of the Post Order and Permanence Team experienced, flexible, enthusiastic and conscientious Social Workers with experience in managing complex cases (Placement with Parents, Supervision Orders, Special Guardianship Orders). The successful candidate will be part of a developing, proactive and supportive team and will assist in its approach to providing a social work service to support children and young people placed within their families.
We have a commitment to continuing to embed our Relational Practice Model and to keeping caseloads at a manageable level to be able to achieve that.
Here at RBC, we are protecting our workers by aiming for 50% capacity in our buildings by the end of September by way of a phased return, meaning that most workers will remain on a working from home and office rota until further notice. This will be subject to regular review and discussion with their line manager. IT Equipment will be assigned to you on your first day and this is what you will use both in the office and at home to reduce the risk of cross contamination.
When visiting the office, people must wash or sanitise their hands regularly, keep their distance from others, follow the one way systems, wear a face covering in the lift and travel in the lift alone. The most up to date information is on the intranet and this must be checked regularly, together with regular updates from senior management.
You must have:
- A professional qualification in social work and experience of working with Children's, in particular previous experience of Assessment work
- Social Work England registration.
- Post qualified experience.
- Enhanced DBS/Update service.
- References required for the last 5 years of employment.
Benefits of working with Semester.co.uk:
- Free on-going training opportunities upon registering as part of our commitment to you.
- Competitive Rates of pay
- In house payroll, providing weekly payments and support
- Enhanced DBS completed.
- Support and expert advice from an approachable, dedicated and friendly team
- An assigned dedicated & experienced consultant
- Various employment opportunities in your preferred geographical area
- Flexible hours to meet your needs, full or part time
- Recommend a friend bonus scheme
- “Find your own job” bonus – get £250 for bringing your own position to us *
If you would like to find out more information about this role, or the other opportunities Semester.co.uk have available feel free to click the 'Apply' button below or contact the team on 0161 4199285**