Childrens Social Worker in Blackpool
Number One, Bickerstaffe Square, Talbot Road, Blackpool FY1 3AH, United Kingdom
As a social worker in Strengthening and Supporting Families teamsyou will have a keen interest in those children in need of help and protection. You will have the opportunity to work with those children subject to child protection procedures, complex child in need, PLO/Pre Proceedings and on the Edge of Care. You will have the opportunity to work intensively with families utilising a strength based approach to practice that is creative and innovative and enables families to develop resilience and sustainability. You will strive to improve outcomes and the lived experience of our children. The quality of practice will be supported by regular supervision, excellent training opportunities and tools and resources readily available to assist in your day to day work. Blackpool wants social workers who are passionate, committed and who want to do the best they can. In return there will be an investment in you to develop and there are a number of opportunities for progression when the time is right.
You must have:
- A professional qualification in social work and experience of working with Children's, in particular previous experience of Assessment work
- Social Work England registration.
- Post qualified experience.
- Enhanced DBS/Update service.
- References required for the last 5 years of employment.
Benefits of working with Semester.co.uk:
- Free on-going training opportunities upon registering as part of our commitment to you.
- Competitive Rates of pay
- In house payroll, providing weekly payments and support
- Enhanced DBS completed.
- Support and expert advice from an approachable, dedicated and friendly team
- An assigned dedicated & experienced consultant
- Various employment opportunities in your preferred geographical area
- Flexible hours to meet your needs, full or part time
- Recommend a friend bonus scheme
- “Find your own job” bonus – get £250 for bringing your own position to us *
If you would like to find out more information about this role, or the other opportunities Semester.co.uk have available feel free to click the 'Apply' button below or contact the team on 0161 4199285**