Children's Social Worker (Court and Locality) - Manchester #000415101
Rowlandsway, Wythenshawe, Manchester M22 5RG, UK
We are recruiting for qualified social workers who have experience of working in Court and locality. Their primary focus will be to work with those children subject to Child in need, subject to child protection planning, those in the court arena and those who are in the pre proceedings process.
Social workers will have excellent communication skills, have an ability to communicate with children of all ages, have an ability to work with and alongside parents, family members and carers. They will be adept at communicating with professionals. They will be able to challenge effectively and manage conflict with the ability to communicate difficult issues and retain channels of communication with difficult to reach families.
They will be able to chair an effective meeting such as child in needs meetings and core groups, they will be able to have an analytical overview of children's needs and the risks and be able to formulate and review children's plans. They will be able to organise their calendar and time in order to balance a complex caseload.
They will be required to prioritise work, understand and implement a performance and quality framework and work well within their team in terms of operating a court and locality duty rota and participate in reflective and group supervision.
You must have:
- A professional qualification in social work and experience of working with Children's, in particular previous experience of Assessment work
- Social Work England registration.
- Post qualified experience.
- Enhanced DBS/Update service.
- References required for the last 5 years of employment.
Benefits of working with Semester.co.uk:
- Free on-going training opportunities upon registering as part of our commitment to you.
- Competitive Rates of pay
- In house payroll, providing weekly payments and support
- Enhanced DBS completed.
- Support and expert advice from an approachable, dedicated and friendly team
- An assigned dedicated & experienced consultant
- Various employment opportunities in your preferred geographical area
- Flexible hours to meet your needs, full or part time
- Recommend a friend bonus scheme
- “Find your own job” bonus – get £250 for bringing your own position to us *
If you would like to find out more information about this role, or the other opportunities Semester.co.uk have available feel free to click the 'Apply' button below or contact the team on 0161 4199285**