Social Care Training Officer - Manchester #000414CE1
Stretford, Manchester M32 0TH, UK
Training Officer [Fostering and Adoption Service]
Working Hours: 21.75 hours
Our client and its partners in the public, private and third sectors are embarking on a Vision which sees us working together to close inequality gaps and maximise Trafford’s huge potential. Our vision is working together to build the best future for all our communities and everyone in Trafford.
Trafford really is a great place to work. With a positive permission culture, we embrace innovation and encourage performance. We’re keen to recruit someone with the right values and behaviours that can help us ensure our workplace values are at the heart of everything we do
We currently have an exciting vacancy within our team to enable us to continue to build on our success and also bring new experience, knowledge and ideas into the team.
You are confident, competent and experienced as a Training Officer within a social care setting. You are ambitious in planning and delivering training whilst understanding differing learning styles and how to support them. You have excellent communication and interpersonal skills and you are forward thinking and innovative in your approach, and committed to continuous learning and improvement.
You are driven by the positive impact that the continuous learning and development of Foster Carer’s can have on the lived experience and the improvement of outcomes for children and young people who are looked after within fostering families. You value diversity and difference and this is evident in all aspects of the work you do.
You are a positive and dynamic person who is able to work flexibly. You have high standards and are able to work autonomously and in collaboration with others.
About the Role
You are able to develop strong professional relationship’s and work positively with a wide range of partners to ensure that Foster Carer’s receive statutory training - Support and Development Standards [TSD], and other specialist training that will provide the skill-set and knowledge base needed to meet the assessed needs of children who are placed with them; and an environment where they are safeguarded, protected and stable; and where their emotional health and well-being is of the highest priority.
You will have a good knowledge and understanding of the Fostering Services National Minimum Standards and Ofsted requirements, and have a track record of transferring and applying these successfully to the training and development context.
You are able to remain calm under pressure and manage shifting priorities and deadlines, and work within the Council’s policies and procedures.
You must have:
- A professional qualification in social work and experience of working with Children's, in particular previous experience of Assessment work
- Social Work England registration.
- Post qualified experience.
- Enhanced DBS/Update service.
- References required for the last 5 years of employment.
Benefits of working with Semester.co.uk:
- Free on-going training opportunities upon registering as part of our commitment to you.
- Competitive Rates of pay
- In house payroll, providing weekly payments and support
- Enhanced DBS completed.
- Support and expert advice from an approachable, dedicated and friendly team
- An assigned dedicated & experienced consultant
- Various employment opportunities in your preferred geographical area
- Flexible hours to meet your needs, full or part time
- Recommend a friend bonus scheme
- “Find your own job” bonus – get £250 for bringing your own position to us *
If you would like to find out more information about this role, or the other opportunities Semester.co.uk have available feel free to click the 'Apply' button below or contact the team on 0161 4199285**