Safeguarding Personal Advisor - Bury - #0003FDF51
Bury BL9 0EJ, UK
Safeguarding Personal Advisor - Bury - #0003FDF51
We are looking for enthusiastic individuals who wish to provide practical and emotional support, advice and guidance to young people aged between 16 and 25 who are experiencing care and leaving care. You will work directly with young people and their families to safeguard and promote their welfare. You will coordinate Pathway Planning duties to support care leavers in their successful transition to adult life.
Purpose and Objectives of Post:
The Purpose of the post is to support children and young people in care and care leavers to achieve the best possible outcomes and make a successful transition into adulthood
The Objectives are
- To support the implementation of children & young people’s care and pathway plans
- To prepare young people for a successful transition to adulthood
- To support care leavers to move towards independence
- To promote children & young people’s participation
Assistant Director – Social Care and Safeguarding
Relationships: (Internal and External)
With other Childrens’ Services staff
With children, young people and their families.
With carers and support workers
With staff in other sections/departments of the Local Authority as appropriate.
With Health Authority personnel, including health visitors and GP’s.
With staff in relevant statutory and voluntary organisations.
With members of the Council, members of the public and the local community.
Control of Resources
To work within controlled budgets.
To adhere to health and safety policies in relation to self and others.
- To support the implementation of young people’s care & pathway plans by:-
Ø Working as part of a team
Ø Visiting Looked After Children in Placement.
Ø Providing practical and emotional support to children and young people, parents and carers
Ø Undertaking Life Story work
Ø Planning and implementing programmes of agreed work with children/young people and their carers
Ø Supporting reunification plans by working with parents to equip them with the necessary skills to promote child/young person’s appropriate development.
Ø Contributing to assessments and reviews of the care or pathway plan
Ø Supporting the transition from school to college
- To prepare young people for a successful transition to adulthood by:-
Ø Fulfilling the statutory duties of a Personal Advisor
v Contributing to the assessment of the young person’s needs
v Giving unbiased and informed advice on matters such as education, training and accommodation
v Working with social workers and other professionals to assist in the preparation and updating of Pathway Plans
Ø Working with carers to ensure that young people develop good self care skills
Ø Promoting education, training and employment opportunities
- To support care leavers to move towards independence by:-
Ø Providing a statutory care leavers service up to the age of at least 21or above if in full time education
v Acting as case manager
v Maintaining contact with the young person
v Reviewing and revising with the young person their pathway plan to ensure it remains up-to-date and relevant to their circumstances
v Continuing to provide practical and emotional support
v Administering financial support
Ø Liaising as required with Adult Social Care Services, Mental Health Services, Substance Misuse Services to ensure the young person is in receipt of relevant services
Ø Liaising if required with Probation Services to support the rehabilitation and resettlement of young people serving community services or coming out of custody
Ø Liaising with accommodation & housing providers to secure appropriate accommodation and tenancies as required
Ø Ensuring young people receive their entitlements and are aware of their opportunities
- To promote children & young people’s participation by:-
Ø Organising and delivering group work.
Ø Developing young people’s social, leisure and learning opportunities and age appropriate skills.
Ø Supporting the Children in Care Council and Care Leavers’ Forum
Ø Advocating with and on behalf of the children and their families.
5. To manage cases in line with Departmental policies and procedures by:-
Ø Working within the local authority’s policies and procedures to safeguard and promote the welfare of child & young people
Ø Organising and /or participating in inter-agency planning meetings, conferences and reviews promoting the involvement of children, young people and their families.
Ø Providing relevant reports for above meetings
Ø Maintaining accurate case records.
Ø Working as a member of a team.
Ø To participate in all supervision sessions as required and undertake employee reviews in line with policy.
Ø To work as part of a team and to participate in regular team meetings
Ø To undertake training and development opportunities relevant to the job.
Ø To work within all statutory regulations, policies and procedures in line with Bury MBC.
Ø Raise awareness and provide information in the community of the services available to children and their families.
Ø Contributing to the development of the team and its efforts to improve services.
Where an employee is asked to undertake duties other than those specified directly in his/her Job Description, such duties shall be discussed with the employee concerned who may have his/her Trade Union representative present if so desired.
You must have:
- A professional qualification in social work and experience of working with Children's, in particular previous experience of Assessment work
- Enhanced DBS/Update service.
- References required for the last 5 years of employment.
Benefits of working with Semester.co.uk:
- Free on-going training opportunities upon registering as part of our commitment to you.
- Competitive Rates of pay
- In house payroll, providing weekly payments and support
- Enhanced DBS completed.
- Support and expert advice from an approachable, dedicated and friendly team
- An assigned dedicated & experienced consultant
- Various employment opportunities in your preferred geographical area
- Flexible hours to meet your needs, full or part time
- Recommend a friend bonus scheme
- “Find your own job” bonus – get £250 for bringing your own position to us *
If you would like to find out more information about this role, or the other opportunities Semester.co.uk have available feel free to click the 'Apply' button below or contact the team on 0161 4199285**