Adults Mental Health Social Worker, Preston
Preston PR1 8XJ, UK
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a Social Worker to join our Community Mental Health Team based on sites in Lancashire. As part of this team you will complete social care assessments, support plans and reviews designed to support the delivery of a coordinated response to individual's needs. The team works in partnership with all internal and external professionals involved in assessment and service provision, e.g. Health, police, housing etc. including Court work when required. This role is on a contract working 9am-5pm, Monday to Friday. We will offer you good team support, regular supervision, opportunities to build on existing skills and knowledge, great staff benefits, generous annual leave entitlements and the opportunity to flourish as part of an exciting, well established team that is looking to bring real benefits to a key part of Lancashire County Council's Adult Social Care Service. Skills and Experience Social Work England Registration Experience in a relevant field of practice Please see the attached Role Profile for further requirements You must be registered (SWE) to be appointed as a Social Worker or have applied to register with the Social Care Council. For Social Worker/Care Manager positions where non social worker qualifications are accepted, registration is not required and you will be appointed as a Care Manager. You will be required to provide a car for use in connection with the duties of this post and must be insured for business use. However, we may consider you if you cannot drive because of a disability. The post you are applying for is covered by the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974 (Exceptions) Order 1975 (as amended in 2013). If successful you will be required to apply to the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) for a 'disclosure'. Further information can be found on the 'Our Recruitment Process' tab.
What's on offer for the Social Worker?
- Excellent competitive pay rate
- Excellent management structure with experienced leaders
- Desirable location with excellent transport links
- A stable and well-supported working environment
You must have:
- A professional qualification in social work and experience of working with Children, in particular previous experience of Assessment work
- Social Work England registration or Social Care Wales registration for North Wales.
- Post qualified experience.
- Enhanced DBS/Update service.
- References required for the last 5 years of employment.
Benefits of working with Semester.co.uk:
- Free on-going training opportunities upon registering as part of our commitment to you.
- Competitive Rates of pay
- In house payroll, providing weekly payments and support
- Enhanced DBS completed.
- Support and expert advice from an approachable, dedicated and friendly team
- An assigned dedicated & experienced consultant
- Various employment opportunities in your preferred geographical area
- Flexible hours to meet your needs, full or part time
- Recommend a friend bonus scheme
- “Find your own job” bonus – get £250 for bringing your own position to us *
If you would like to find out more information about this role, or the other opportunities Semester.co.uk have available feel free to click the 'Apply' button below or contact the team on 0161 4199285**