Senior Homeless Intervention Social Worker - Worcester
Worcester WR5 2NP, UK
The Homeless Intervention Team is a dedicated team working with 16 and 17 year old young people who are homeless or at risk of becoming homeless within the next 56 days. The team comprises of 2 Social Workers and 2 Specialist family Support Workers. The focus of the work is to support the young people to remain at or return home to live with their families where it is safe for them to do so. Where young people are unable to remain living at home we explore with them and their families their accommodation options and undertake assessments to identify areas where they may require support to develop their independent living skills to ensure a positive move on into appropriate accommodation. Many of the young people we work with have experiences trauma in their childhood and have additional vulnerabilities and are often hard to reach young people. The team support young people through assessment, as Children in Need and also in some case as Looked After Children. If you are someone who: • Shares our passion for working with 16 and 17 year old young people and their families and has a determination to achieve positive outcomes for them • Is tenacious, persistent, resilient and excellent at developing positive relationships with young people, their families and partner agencies. • Has an understanding of the issues young people have who are faced with homelessness. • Understands the legislation relating to homeless young people. Then the Homeless Intervention Team may well be for you!
You must have:
- A professional qualification in social work and experience of working with Children's, in particular previous experience of Assessment work
- Social Work England registration.
- Post qualified experience.
- Enhanced DBS/Update service.
- References required for the last 5 years of employment.
Benefits of working with Semester.co.uk:
- Free on-going training opportunities upon registering as part of our commitment to you.
- Competitive Rates of pay
- In house payroll, providing weekly payments and support
- Enhanced DBS completed.
- Support and expert advice from an approachable, dedicated and friendly team
- An assigned dedicated & experienced consultant
- Various employment opportunities in your preferred geographical area
- Flexible hours to meet your needs, full or part time
- Recommend a friend bonus scheme
- “Find your own job” bonus – get £250 for bringing your own position to us *
If you would like to find out more information about this role, or the other opportunities Semester.co.uk have available feel free to click the 'Apply' button below or contact the team on 0161 4199285**