Children's First Response Social Worker - Rochdale - #00040B481
Rochdale OL16 1XU, UK
SOCIAL WORKER LEVEL 3 - FIRST RESPONSE TEAM
We are looking to recruit 4 x social workers to the First Response Team.
This is a strength based intervention team which is responsible for providing the assessment of need/risk and ensuring there is a timely and effective plan in place for children and families.
This team has case holding responsibility for children in need, there is also responsibility for initiating child protection procedures and initial care proceedings when needed as well as managing private law. There is a need for strong multi agency working to ensure clear and robust step down to Early Help when a case no longer meets CSC threshold.
As a busy locality team each social worker is expected to respond to duty matters on a rota and to undertake multi agency section 47 enquiries / risk assessments.
Job description and spec attached.
- The post will require Barring checks
- HCPC registration required for all posts
- At least 2 years references required
You must have:
- A professional qualification in social work and experience of working with Children's, in particular previous experience of Assessment work
- Social Work England registration.
- Post qualified experience.
- Enhanced DBS/Update service.
- References required for the last 5 years of employment.
Benefits of working with Semester.co.uk:
- Free on-going training opportunities upon registering as part of our commitment to you.
- Competitive Rates of pay
- In house payroll, providing weekly payments and support
- Enhanced DBS completed.
- Support and expert advice from an approachable, dedicated and friendly team
- An assigned dedicated & experienced consultant
- Various employment opportunities in your preferred geographical area
- Flexible hours to meet your needs, full or part time
- Recommend a friend bonus scheme
- “Find your own job” bonus – get £250 for bringing your own position to us *
If you would like to find out more information about this role, or the other opportunities Semester.co.uk have available feel free to click the 'Apply' button below or contact the team on 0161 4199285**