Children' Social Worker - St Helens
Saint Helens WA9 1LD, UK
The placement is within the Assessment Service as a senior social worker to cover Vacancy / Maternity leave. The Service receives work from our Duty Service who complete assessments to establish the plan. We also receive requests regarding transfers from other Local Authorities. The Assessment Service is responsible for CIN, CP, Pre-Proceedings and Children we Look After including Court Proceedings, and Private Proceedings. Currently all staff are working from home due to Covid 19. Each team includes 5 social workers, Advanced Practitioner and Manager. The current working arrangements are supported by appropriate technology which allows video calls and the Managers are ensuring daily meetings with the team. Supervision continues on a regular basis and case discussions are held where required to support the staff. Each team manager ensures that their staff maintain contact with each other regularly throughout the week. The current vacancies have arisen due to vacancies within the Service in respect of Maternity Leave and 2 Staff leaving for another opportunity. Each Team is mixed in terms of experience and caseloads are allocated to reflect this. There are currently ASYEs in the team therefore an experienced social worker is required. The agency worker will need to evidence experience of at least 2 years post qualifying experience, working in a social work team and being able to manage CIN, CPP, CLA, Court Proceedings, Assessments, working within a team but also being able to work independently. The worker would need to be aware of the relevant legislation and statutory guidance. They require good written and verbal communication. Caseload varies but is around 20 - 24 children. The children would predominantly live in St Helens however some may be placed outside the LA. The caseloads are balanced and mixed.
You must have:
- A professional qualification in social work and experience of working with Children's, in particular previous experience of Assessment work
- Social Work England registration.
- Post qualified experience.
- Enhanced DBS/Update service.
- References required for the last 5 years of employment.
Benefits of working with Semester.co.uk:
- Free on-going training opportunities upon registering as part of our commitment to you.
- Competitive Rates of pay
- In house payroll, providing weekly payments and support
- Enhanced DBS completed.
- Support and expert advice from an approachable, dedicated and friendly team
- An assigned dedicated & experienced consultant
- Various employment opportunities in your preferred geographical area
- Flexible hours to meet your needs, full or part time
- Recommend a friend bonus scheme
- “Find your own job” bonus – get £250 for bringing your own position to us *
If you would like to find out more information about this role, or the other opportunities Semester.co.uk have available feel free to click the 'Apply' button below or contact the team on 0161 4199285**