Children's Social Worker 1 Year (Maternity Cover) - Hexham
Hawthorn Court, Hexham, NE46 1AB, United Kingdom
Job Purpose: To be part of a team providing a Statutory Social Work Service within Northumberland. To promote and support (children and/or their families) when in crisis, or breakdown to remain with their families or with their identified carers. To provide direct social work intervention to (children, young people and their families) in the community.
This is a 1 year post
Duties and key result areas: Individually or as part of a team,
1. To carry a complex mixed caseload of children in a variety of circumstances. (CIN/CP/LAC)
2. To aim to achieve good outcomes for children and their families
3. To assess children and their families; to devise plans which address identified needs.
4. Assess and manage risk utilising an evidence based approach
5. To monitor, review and update plans effectively.
6. To use social work tools, practice and research to underpin interventions
7. To promote children and young people remaining with their birth families or identified carers, by preventing family breakdown or reuniting child/ren or young people separated from their family due to temporary crisis.
8. To work directly with children, young people and their families at the point of crisis, ensuring the welfare of the child is prioritised at all times.
9 To establish and maintain effective working relationships with individual service users, groups, families and multi-agency partners.
10. To understand and apply the locally agreed thresholds for intervention, stepping cases ‘up’ and ‘down’ as appropriate
11. To case manage and record in accordance with statutory agency requirements.
12. To use ICT systems competently and effectively.
13. To offer coaching and mentoring to less experienced colleagues as required.
14. To model and share good practice within the team
15. To participate in identified projects/initiatives/training in line with practice improvement agenda.
16. To be proactive, taking responsibility for individual CPD.
17.To follow the standards as recommended by the social work regulator in relation to standards, performance and ethics.
18. To participate in the office duty system as required
19. Other duties appropriate to the nature, level and grade of the post.
Need to visit children and their families and attend meetings pertaining to the care of the young people throughout Northumberland.
Generally working pattern would be 8:30 - 5:00 office hours although flexible working would be expected according to the needs of the service
A requirement to lone working.
You will hold a full driving license and have use of a car with business insurance.
You must have:
- A professional qualification in social work and experience of working with Children's, in particular previous experience of Assessment work
- Social Work England registration.
- Post qualified experience.
- Enhanced DBS/Update service.
- References required for the last 5 years of employment.
Benefits of working with Semester.co.uk:
- Free on-going training opportunities upon registering as part of our commitment to you.
- Competitive Rates of pay
- In house payroll, providing weekly payments and support
- Enhanced DBS completed.
- Support and expert advice from an approachable, dedicated and friendly team
- An assigned dedicated & experienced consultant
- Various employment opportunities in your preferred geographical area
- Flexible hours to meet your needs, full or part time
- Recommend a friend bonus scheme
- “Find your own job” bonus – get £250 for bringing your own position to us *
If you would like to find out more information about this role, or the other opportunities Semester.co.uk have available feel free to click the 'Apply' button below or contact the team on 0161 4199285**