Operations Manager Hospitals & Manchester Community Response 0003FBA01
Manchester M60 2LA, UK
Operations Manager (Hospitals & Manchester Community Response) - Manchester - #0003FBA01
Contract till end of May 2021(with potential to be extended/made perm)
The role will be accountable to the Senior Manager for Hospitals and Manchester Community Response, and will lead and drive the design, development and implementation of evidenced strategies managing the operational duties of the Social Care Hospital and MCR services, delivering the high-quality projects and presentations, working collaboratively with internal services and external partners, recognising the organisational objectives of Manchester City Council and Manchester Local Care Organisation.
The key role accountabilities will be as follows:
- Provide specialist advice to the development of and implementation of strategic organisational objectives, in particular working with the Manchester Community Response Leads to provide and support discharge from hospitals within the parameters outlined by the Hospital Discharge Guidance (August 2020) and achieve the best possible outcomes for Manchester citizens.
- Lead on the development of strategic response through provision of specialist advice , insight, support and challenge to support the delivery of organisational priorities ensuring at all times that the Council is able to meet its legal opportunities.
- Develop and implement, and maintain effective systems and information to support the delivery of key objectives.
- Represent the service and organisation in meetings, working groups and other forums, providing input which proactively drives the delivery of the priorities.
- Work collaboratively with Service Managers, undertaking management function in regards to agreeing leave, reporting and managing sickness and providing a duty of care to staff, including providing professional supervision to Team Managers within the service
- Continuing guidance and advice to staff within the Hospital and MCR services, working to implement new ways of working regarding the safe and timely discharge of people from hospital in accordance with legislation and best practice.
- The role will advocate Social Work within the integrated setting, ensuring that Social Work is represented and the values of Social Work are implemented and the strategic intent of the MCC, MLCO and Acute trusts are achieved.
The key responsibilities are as follows:
- Ensure the delivery of the Care Act 2014 statutory functions , alongside other related legislation
- Evaluation of the Social Work service as part of any development of the MDT make up the Discharge services and MCR
- Ensure professional managerial supervision of and leadership of the Social Work service
- Work in partnership with the Discharge service and MC leads, who maintain overall day to day operational management
- Understand and create opportunities to modernise and integrate services to deliver better outcomes and maximise use of resources
- Work closely with other service managers to reduce the risk of silo working and encourage collaborative working and creative solutions to complex issues and risks
- Build and sustain strong trust and effective working relationships in multi partner collaboratives with other stakeholders
- Ensure and the social work professional quality standards are implemented and taking responsibility for quality assurance and implementation of audit procedures.
- Ensure delivery of an effective escalation process where social work /social care issues need addressing including liaison with colleagues from other Local authorities/localities
- Participation in key meetings requiring senior social work management input (system resilience, escalation, length of stay, MOAT meetings)
What's on offer?
- Excellent competitive pay rate
- Excellent management structure with experienced leaders
- Desirable location with excellent transport links
- A stable and well-supported working environment
You must have:
- A professional qualification in Social Work and experience as a Team Manager within a Hospital setting.
- Social Work England registration or Social Care Wales registration for North Wales.
- Post qualified experience.
- Enhanced DBS/Update service.
- References required for the last 5 years of employment.
Benefits of working with Semester.co.uk:
- Free on-going training opportunities upon registering as part of our commitment to you.
- Competitive Rates of pay
- In house payroll, providing weekly payments and support
- Enhanced DBS completed.
- Support and expert advice from an approachable, dedicated and friendly team
- An assigned dedicated & experienced consultant
- Various employment opportunities in your preferred geographical area
- Flexible hours to meet your needs, full or part time
- Recommend a friend bonus scheme
- “Find your own job” bonus – get £250 for bringing your own position to us *
If you would like to find out more information about this role, or the other opportunities Semester.co.uk have available feel free to click the 'Apply' button below or contact the team on 0161 4199285**