Child Protection Social Worker - Rochdale - #0003F9031
Rochdale OL16 1XU, UK
Child Protection Social Worker - Rochdale - #0003F9031 (3 month contract)
Rochdale’s Child Protection and Care Proceedings Teams are managed by a team of 5 experienced permanent managers, we have a cohort of Advanced Practitioners (one in each team) with reduced caseloads to be able to coach and mentor the staff in their teams. We have a committed dedicated social work service – 5/6 workers in each team who continually go the extra mile for our children.
As you’d expect the range of work is from Child in Need to Adoption which gives workers a really good opportunity to gain experience across these areas.
Our agency workers are seen as an important resource for us and as such are given the same level of support and opportunities as our permanent staff – positively a number of our agency workers have recently chosen to progress becoming permanent.
We have a commitment to continuing to embed our Relational Practice Model and to keeping caseloads at a manageable level to be able to achieve that.
We are looking for an agency worker who has experience in managing complex child protection work and care proceedings.
We are willing to offer above the standard rates for the right candidates who are able to demonstrate a level of experience and the ability to work with approach that we are taking.
You must have:
- A professional qualification in social work and experience of working with Children's, in particular previous experience of Assessment work
- Social Work England registration.
- Post qualified experience.
- Enhanced DBS/Update service.
- References required for the last 5 years of employment.
Benefits of working with Semester.co.uk:
- Free on-going training opportunities upon registering as part of our commitment to you.
- Competitive Rates of pay
- In house payroll, providing weekly payments and support
- Enhanced DBS completed.
- Support and expert advice from an approachable, dedicated and friendly team
- An assigned dedicated & experienced consultant
- Various employment opportunities in your preferred geographical area
- Flexible hours to meet your needs, full or part time
- Recommend a friend bonus scheme
- “Find your own job” bonus – get £250 for bringing your own position to us *
If you would like to find out more information about this role, or the other opportunities Semester.co.uk have available feel free to click the 'Apply' button below or contact the team on 0161 4199285**