Home Care and Support Worker - Malton, N.Yorks #RQ408348
Deansfield Court, Malton, YO17 9DJ, United Kingdom
1.5 FTE (55 hrs) working across Ryedale North and South and Hambleton South. Shifts 7/2 or 3 and then 2 or 3/10 over 7 days from January - March.
You will provide support to adults with care and support needs in the community to enable them to maximise their independence in response to an assessment of their needs.
· Knowledge of current best practice in the social care of people with Learning Disabilities and related national care standards including Valuing People Now.
· Knowledge of adult safeguarding issues
· Basic working knowledge of simple equipment to maximise people’s independence.
· Have a working knowledge of local community resources and universal services
· Knowledge and understanding of how Equality & Diversity, Dignity & Respect, and Human Rights will apply to this role.
· Working knowledge of current best practice in the social care of people with Learning Disabilities and related national care standards including Valuing People Now
· Good working knowledge of simple equipment to maximise peoples independence and use of equipment such as hoists, wheelchairs, lifelines and other assistive technology
Working knowledge of the spectrum of conditions such as Dementia, Autism, MS etc.
Proven experience in social care or a related discipline & NVQ in Health and Social Care would be desirable.
· Ability to travel across own and neighbouring teams to work in the homes of adults with care & support needs.
Requirement to work evenings and weekends on a rota basis as part of 7 day service
What's on offer for?
- Excellent competitive pay rate
- Excellent management structure with experienced leaders
- Desirable location with excellent transport links
- A stable and well-supported working environment
You must have:
- A professional qualification in social work and experience of working with Adults, in particular previous experience of Assessment work
- Social Work England registration or Social Care Wales registration for North Wales.
- Post qualified experience.
Benefits of working with Semester.co.uk:
- Free on-going training opportunities upon registering as part of our commitment to you.
- Competitive Rates of pay
- In house payroll, providing weekly payments and support
- Enhanced DBS completed.
- Support and expert advice from an approachable, dedicated and friendly team
- An assigned dedicated & experienced consultant
- Various employment opportunities in your preferred geographical area
- Flexible hours to meet your needs, full or part time
- Recommend a friend bonus scheme
- “Find your own job” bonus – get £250 for bringing your own position to us *
If you would like to find out more information about this role, or the other opportunities Semester.co.uk have available feel free to click the 'Apply' button below or contact the team on 0161 4199285**
** Candidates must have a valid enhanced DBS which is preferably on the update service and be able to provide satisfactory references for the past 5 years.