Adult's Learning and Disabilities Level 3a Social Worker - Blackburn and Darwen - #0003E5CF1
Duke St, Blackburn BB2 1DH, UK
We are looking for an enthusiastic and motivated individual who has a passion for and experience in working with adults with Learning Disabilities, understanding their needs, aspirations and supporting them to enhance their quality of life.
You will have the ability to develop and maintain relationships with team members, external organisations, service users and carers. You will have the skills to be actively involved in multidisciplinary team working and decision making.
You will be able to remain focused and motivated during current remote working arrangements that are in place.
Home working supported during the pandemic.
We are offering the opportunity to join a focused and dynamic team who are involved in the assessment and development of a wider range of services in Bolton to meet the current and future needs of local people who have a learning disability.
We are a large multidisciplinary team involved in complex areas of work and so there are many opportunities to be involved in formal decision making forums and court processes.
To do everything possible to ensure the team provides an efficient and effective service to the residents of Bolton. This involves
Detailed assessment of need (Care Act) and effective asset based support planning, taking into account available resources, universal and voluntary services,
Capacity assessment and Best Interest decision making,
Continuing Health Care assessments,
Inter disciplinary and multi agency working,
Preferred experience of resettlement from out of area placements back into the local area,
Transition work for young adults moving into Adult Services, supporting individuals to move on from their family homes, and Safeguarding investigations.
You must have:
- A professional qualification in social work and experience of working with Adults, in particular previous experience of Assessment work
- Social Work England registration.
- Post qualified experience.
Benefits of working with Semester.co.uk:
- Free on-going training opportunities upon registering as part of our commitment to you.
- Competitive Rates of pay
- In house payroll, providing weekly payments and support
- Enhanced DBS completed.
- Support and expert advice from an approachable, dedicated and friendly team
- An assigned dedicated & experienced consultant
- Various employment opportunities in your preferred geographical area
- Flexible hours to meet your needs, full or part time
- Recommend a friend bonus scheme
- “Find your own job” bonus – get £250 for bringing your own position to us *
If you would like to find out more information about this role, or the other opportunities Semester.co.uk have available feel free to click the 'Apply' button below or contact the team on 0161 4199285**