HR and WD Support Assistant - Gatehead - #6263612021505
Gateshead NE8 1HH, UK
Home working at the moment but will need to attend the office for induction/ training etc...
To provide support to the HR & Workforce Development teams and contribute to the delivery of an effective workforce and professional development service across Gateshead Council.
The key roles of this post will include:
· To provide administrative support to HR & WD to ensure an effective and efficient service is provided.
· To provide a high level of customer service to employees and managers, members of the public and external organisations via telephone, letter, email and face to face to ensure an ongoing provision of a high quality service.
· To support the Workforce Development Team and assist with the course administration process related to course applications received via the online booking system.
· To be responsible for overseeing the raising of purchase orders, processing of invoices for payment, administration of goods received, raising of debtor invoices and maintenance of manual and electronic records to ensure a high level of accuracy is maintained and data and reports are produced as and when required which comply with financial requirements.
· To support and assist in the administration of meetings with internal members of staff and with external partners and stakeholders.
· To update and maintain manual and computerised information systems to ensure data used is accurate and up-to- date and reports are produced as and when required.
· Assist with the organisation and co-ordination of learning and development activities.
· To assist with the monitoring, review and reporting of attendance/non-attendance and evaluate the impact of learning and development activities.
· Assist with the completion of statutory data returns to DfE, Office for National Statistics and Skills for Care.
· Such other responsibilities allocated which are appropriate to the grade and remit of the post.
Knowledge and Experience of:
· Administrative and clerical procedures and systems
· The use of IT systems and databases including MS Office software i.e. word, excel, PowerPoint
· Ability to prioritise own workload
· Excellent customer service skills
· Effective communication and organisational skills
· Working independently and as part of a team
· Managing and working to deadlines
· 5 GCSE’s (Grade A-C or 9-4 in Maths and English) or equivalent or equivalent experience.
Experience and skills
· Attending meetings and taking notes of discussions
· Word Processing skills e.g. mail merge, audio typing, and formatting documents
· Experience of workforce development activity
· Agresso or other similar financial systems
· NVQ level 2 in Business Admin or equivalent
Puts the customer first and provides excellent service to both internal and external customers
Uses appropriate methods to express information in a clear and concise way to make sure people understand
Works with others to achieve results and develop good working relationships
Making things happen
Takes responsibility for personal organisation and achieving results
Adapts to change and works effectively in a variety of situations
Learning and Development
Actively improves by developing and applying new skills and knowledge and learns from past experiences