CIN Social Worker Level 3 [Tameside] - #0003E8AE1
Acre St, Denton, Manchester M34 2AE, UK
CP/CIN Social Worker for the North Team
• To carry out assessments of children in need, including those in need of protection and looked after children.
• To co-ordinate service provision to meet the needs of those children.
• To carry out reviews and statutory visits in accordance with statutory and service procedures.
• To carry out direct work with children and their families in order to meet their assessed need.
• To respect and promote the identity needs of children arising from their cultural, religious and linguistic background.
• To engage parents, carers and children in meaningful and open working relationships, to encourage their full participation in meeting the needs of the children.
• To support the development of parents and carers as required in order to achieve best outcomes for the children.
• To undertake such work jointly with colleagues within the service and from other agencies in appropriate cases.
• To observe all statutory regulations.
• To meet the Professional Registration Standards set by Social Work England.
• To prepare and present information (both written and oral) to Panels, the Court and other agencies.
• To maintain accurate, up-to-date records on all work carried out and to ensure good and effective communication with other professionals involved.
• To attend all regular supervision sessions with the Team Manager as required, taking an active part and preparing for each meeting.
• To participate in all training as required and to ensure that you undertake Continuing Professional Development.
• To observe all Council and service policies and procedures in respect of administration and professional practice.
• To contribute to policy making within the service and to the evaluation and review of services.
• To undertake such duties commensurate with the level of responsibility for this post.
- A supportive and approachable management team comprising of an allocated practice manager and 2 x team managers
- A flexible approach to working and acknowledgement of the difficulties that social workers are currently facing. We are always open to discussions to best support you, while providing a good, consistent and effective service to our children and families.
- We are a friendly and established team who have a hard working and supportive attitude and are always welcoming of new staff.
You must have:
- A professional qualification in social work and experience of working with Adults, in particular previous experience of Assessment work
- Social Work England registration.
- Post qualified experience.
Benefits of working with Semester.co.uk:
- Free on-going training opportunities upon registering as part of our commitment to you.
- Competitive Rates of pay
- In house payroll, providing weekly payments and support
- Enhanced DBS completed.
- Support and expert advice from an approachable, dedicated and friendly team
- An assigned dedicated & experienced consultant
- Various employment opportunities in your preferred geographical area
- Flexible hours to meet your needs, full or part time
- Recommend a friend bonus scheme
- “Find your own job” bonus – get £250 for bringing your own position to us *
If you would like to find out more information about this role, or the other opportunities Semester.co.uk have available feel free to click the 'Apply' button below or contact the team on 0161 4199285**