Learning Difficulties, English and/or Maths Tutor - Gateshead - #1003816812020716
9 Shotley Gardens, Gateshead, United Kingdom
Start date: 3 Feb 2021
Shift start time: 09:00
End date: 21 Jul 2021
Shift end time: 12:00
Note: There is either one vacancy for a tutors qualified to deliver both maths and English, or two vacancies for tutors who are qualified to deliver either maths or English. Initial contract will be for 3-6 hours a week but could increase to a part time contract for the right candidate.
To work with young people and adults who have a learning difficulty by designing and delivering English and/or maths at an appropriate level.
The key roles of this post will include:
- To design and deliver highly appropriate English and/or maths lessons to learners who have a learning difficulty and have an identified English and maths need
- Design programmes at appropriate levels (Entry Level 2 to Level 2), including lesson plans.
- To make informal and formal assessment of learners including initial assessment and diagnostic testing.
- To teach learners, from a detailed lesson plan, that is linked to the Core Curriculum.
- To adhere to quality assurance measures, including IQA, EQA, Observations of Teaching and Learning and other internal quality systems.
- To ensure learners have the opportunity to progress to fulfil their own potential.
Knowledge of: Delivering adult learning programmes in a range of settings
Knowledge of the English and maths core curriculum, initial assessment and diagnostic testing.
Qualifications: Teaching qualification. Level 4 or 5 with subject specialism in English and/or maths or working towards
Experience of: Communicating clearly and effectively both orally and in writing.
Work independently with initiative.
Knowledge of: A range of IT applications
Experience of: delivering English and/or maths at a range of levels (entry level 2 to level 2)
Benefits of working with Semester.co.uk:
- Free on-going training opportunities upon registering as part of our commitment to you.
- Competitive Rates of pay
- In house payroll, providing weekly payments and support
- Enhanced DBS completed.
- Support and expert advice from an approachable, dedicated and friendly team
- An assigned dedicated & experienced consultant
- Various employment opportunities in your preferred geographical area
- Flexible hours to meet your needs, full or part time
- Recommend a friend bonus scheme
- “Find your own job” bonus – get £250 for bringing your own position to us *
If you would like to find out more information about this role, or the other opportunities Semester.co.uk have available feel free to click the 'Apply' button below or contact the team on 0161 4199285**