Safeguarding Adults Board Manager - Scunthorpe #5159770
Ravendale St N, Scunthorpe DN15 6NL, UK
To manage the safeguarding adults’ board operations and activity, to enable the Board to assure itself that local safeguarding arrangements, and partners, act to help and protect adults in North Lincolnshire.
Post holders will be expected to be flexible in undertaking the duties and responsibilities attached to their post and may be asked to perform other duties, which reasonably correspond to the general character of the post and are commensurate with its level of responsibility.
All responsibilities are undertaken in partnership with Board members, relevant organisations and adults who use services. Board activity will be in keeping with the Making Safeguarding Personal ethos and the safeguarding principles identified in the Care Act 2014.
- To develop with the Board the overall strategy for meeting its objectives; and engages with partners to deliver the strategy.
- Provision of a business plan that provides details of actions to support the overall strategy, and how these will be reviewed and monitored.
- Deliver the Annual Report for the Board detailing how the Board has met its objectives during each year.
- Co-ordinate, support and at times chair the sub group activity of the Board, including communications, quality assurance, training and safeguarding adult review.
- Commission, and when appropriate investigate, Safeguarding Adults Reviews when an adult has died or is injured and there are concerns agencies could have done more to protect.
- Ensure the provision of timely and relevant updates on research, practice development and policy initiatives in the field of safeguarding adults is reported/presented to the LSAB on a regular basis for the purpose of developing procedures and practice guidance.
- Develop and maintain an audit strategy/programme for the LSAB and lead and contribute to quality assurance and reviews of services including those within other council areas and within the NHS. Undertakes section 11 audits on behalf of Adults Services, responding to requests to engage with Ofsted inspections.
- Provide the Board with regular interrogation and analysis of safeguarding data to increase the Board’s understanding of the picture of abuse locally and its relationship to the national safeguarding context.
- Co-ordinate and quality assure the cross agency delivery of safeguarding training.
- Maintenance and update of inter-agency adult safeguarding procedures, ensuring they are updated with relevant practice guidance and legislation when required.
- Lead and develop a competent staff team ensuring their performance is monitored and personal development plans are maintained to achieve staff outcomes, underpin the department’s performance framework.
Knowledge, skill and experience:
- Extensive experience of adult/child protection services within any of the statutory board members, Social Care, Health or Police.
- Demonstrates continuous professional development.
- Social Work qualification or working towards a Social Work Qualification.
- Experience of leading, supervising and managing staff within a statutory setting.
- Experience of analysis and interrogation of safeguarding data
- Experience of leading and managing projects to fixed and challenging deadlines
- Experience of collaboration with multi agency partners in a strategic safeguarding arena.
- Experience of working to a Board or senior organisation strategy and business plan.
- Experience of carrying out financial transactions operating in a budget system environment.
- Devising and delivering safeguarding training.
- Knowledge of professional development frameworks as they apply to agencies working with Adults at risk of abuse and neglect
- Budget management skills
- Skilled in all aspects of the administration of multi-agency meetings
- Knowledge and understanding of redesigning quality performance systems to ensure best working practice
- Knowledge of recent safeguarding legislation
- Knowledge and understanding of the Making Safeguarding Personal Agenda
- Knowledge of Multi Agency Safeguarding Adults Policy and procedure.
- Detailed understanding of the Mental Capacity Act 2005
- Effective IT skills
- Ability to collect, analyse and report on data relating to the local and national safeguarding context.
- A high degree of specialist knowledge of safeguarding adults including adult protection and preventative safeguarding.
- Knowledge of the main legislative and policy framework relating to safeguarding adults.
- Ability to produce key reports to the Board
- Excellent communication, negotiation and presentation skills
What's on offer?
- Excellent competitive pay rate
- Excellent management structure with experienced leaders
- Desirable location with excellent transport links
- A stable and well-supported working environment
You must have:
- A professional qualification in social work and experience of working with Children, in particular previous experience of Assessment work
- Social Work England registration or Social Care Wales registration for North Wales.
- Post qualified experience.
Benefits of working with Semester.co.uk:
- Free on-going training opportunities upon registering as part of our commitment to you.
- Competitive Rates of pay
- In house payroll, providing weekly payments and support
- Enhanced DBS completed.
- Support and expert advice from an approachable, dedicated and friendly team
- An assigned dedicated & experienced consultant
- Various employment opportunities in your preferred geographical area
- Flexible hours to meet your needs, full or part time
- Recommend a friend bonus scheme
- “Find your own job” bonus – get £250 for bringing your own position to us *
If you would like to find out more information about this role, or the other opportunities Semester.co.uk have available feel free to click the 'Apply' button below or contact the team on 0161 4199285**