Mental Health Social Worker - Rochdale #0003C8841
Silk Street, Rochdale, United Kingdom
An opportunity has arisen to join Rochdale Borough Council, to work as a Social Worker undertaking active care coordination. Based in the Rochdale community mental health team, you will be part of the Integrated Mental Health Services, in partnership with Pennine Care NHS Foundation Trust.
The team operates a well-established multi-disciplinary approach, which offers an excellent opportunity to be part of a pioneering and creative authority, who support people to remain as independent as possible for as long as possible in their community.
This is a part time 3 day per week post for 6 months initially - to cover the post holder who is on secondment. The current agency cover has secured a permanent post with ROCHDALE and we are looking to attract an experienced mental health social worker to start as soon as possible to ensure continuity of service. Working days by arrangement with the team manager.
To apply you must be:
A qualified Social Worker registered with Social Work England.
Have experience of working in a mental health/social care setting; ideally working with adults with complex mental health needs within secondary care services.
Managing a complex caseload.
Working as part of a multi-disciplinary team
Have demonstrable skills in risk assessment/management and creative problem solving.
Experience of working with adult social care legislation, (eg: Care Act; Capacity Act, Mental Health Act) and commissioning packages of care, applying strengths based and outcome led approaches.
Experience of complex safeguarding work.
Ability to prioritise workload in a fast paced environment.
Experience of writing and presenting reports eg: mental health tribunal reports.
You will also receive regular reflective supervision in a supportive working environment and have access to training on both IT systems and in-house training to support CPD..
What's on offer for the Social Worker?
- Excellent competitive pay rate
- Excellent management structure with experienced leaders
- Desirable location with excellent transport links
- A stable and well-supported working environment
You must have:
- A professional qualification in social work and experience of working with Children, in particular previous experience of Assessment work
- Social Work England registration or Social Care Wales registration for North Wales.
- Post qualified experience.
Benefits of working with Semester.co.uk:
- Free on-going training opportunities upon registering as part of our commitment to you.
- Competitive Rates of pay
- In house payroll, providing weekly payments and support
- Enhanced DBS completed.
- Support and expert advice from an approachable, dedicated and friendly team
- An assigned dedicated & experienced consultant
- Various employment opportunities in your preferred geographical area
- Flexible hours to meet your needs, full or part time
- Recommend a friend bonus scheme
- “Find your own job” bonus – get £250 for bringing your own position to us *
If you would like to find out more information about this role, or the other opportunities Semester.co.uk have available feel free to click the 'Apply' button below or contact the team on 0161 4199285**