Young people Support Worker 12287931
Bradford BD1, UK
Full Time with an immediate start!
Our client is a leading Provider of care to children and young people in the Leeds area and they are currently recruiting for Support Worker's on a Permanent basis following a successful 12 temporary period.
This is supporting Care Leavers aged between 15-18, you will be helping to increase their independence skills.
It is essential that you have experience of working within a similar setting and preferably have completed NVQ3 Children & Young People Workforce or a similar qualification within this sector.
High standard of general education.
NVQ Level 3 Health & Social Care - Children and young People (CCYP) or equivalent.
Willingness to undertake further training.
Current full driving licence with business Insurance
To be responsible for the provision of Support for Vulnerable People (Service Users) for the Company.
Main Duties & Responsibilities
1. To assist the Young person's allocated Social Worker in the delivery of the service.
a) Provide transport/escort to the young person as directed in line with care plans
b) Conduct welcome and induction for Young people
c) Ongoing assessments of Service Users’ needs
d) Provide ongoing support and monitoring of Service Users
e) Assist in welfare and NHS issues
f) Preparation of reports
g) Arrange appointments with various partner agencies
h) Maintaining regular contact with Service Users
i) Informing Service Users of support groups
j) Assist Move-On of Service Users
2. To accurately record, create, maintain and update electronic records in respect of our Service Users.
3. To prepare for and attend meetings as required or directed.
4. To provide mediation to Service Users as required and/or directed.
5. To effectively use IT packages to support the work of the company.
6. To work effectively and cooperatively across multi disciplinary teams.
7. To observe and maintain strict confidentiality in respect of the Service Users, Clients and Company.
8. To pro-actively assist in the development of policies and procedures of the Company.
9. To report any housing issues to the Services Department and to assist, where required, in the resolution of any defects.
10. To undertake On-Call duties as directed.
11. To participate, where required, in office reception duties.
12. Prepared to work with service users on a 1/1 basis or supporting groups of 3 young people 24/7 where sleep in shifts are required
13. Able to show flexibility to cover all offices across the company as and when required
1. Ensuring the highest standards of quality are achieved in all duties carried out.
2. Communicating effectively within the team, with other teams and across the company.
3. Conducting all activities in a manner in line with the company’s vision, promoting good external relations and a positive image of the company.
4. Responsible for meeting individual performance targets as agreed with the post holder’s manager.
5. Supporting the culture of cross sectional working, encouraging a culture of project work focusing on the objectives of the company. Actively participating or leading in projects and corporate tasks as required.
Health and Safety
The post holder is required to carry out the duties in accordance with the company Health and Safety policies and procedures.
The post holder is required to have due regard to equal opportunities at all times and to work in a fair and reasonable manner towards all people, ensuring service standards are maintained for all cultures.
The post holder is required to observe and maintain strict confidentiality in respect of Service Users, clients and all company information.
The duties and responsibilities in this role profile are not exhaustive. The post holder may be required to undertake other duties that may be required from time to time within the general scope of the post. Any such duties should not substantially change the general character of the post. Duties and responsibilities outside the general scope of this post will be mutually agreed with the post holder.
The above list of responsibilities is not exhaustive and the jobholder may be required to undertake other duties commensurate with the level of the role, as reasonably requested by their line manager. This job description sets out the duties of the post at the time it was drawn up. Such duties may vary from time to time without changing the general character of the duties or level of the responsibility entailed. Such variations are a common occurrence and cannot in themselves justify a reconsideration of the grading of the post.
Salary: £11.00-£12.00 per hour