Quality & Review Support Assistant - Durham - 1003399911993062
7 Coulson Street, Spennymoor, DL16 7RS, United Kingdom
We are recruiting for a Quality & Review Support Assistant. This role will report directly to the Business Support Manager with the purpose of providing administrative, clerical and typing services to the Quality and Review Service.
This post is normally based at the Coulson Centre in Spennymoor however it is currently working from home.
This is a part time post (18.5 hours) working 4 hours on a Wednesday and all day every Thursday and Friday.
Duties and responsibilities
· To provide high quality, timely, efficient clerical support service with planned work schedules
· Sorting and distribution of incoming and outgoing mail in line with procedures
· Photocopying and distribution of documents as requested and to procedural and legislative timescales
· Produce and present all documents to a consistently high standard
· Timely and accurate communication of information by telephone, fax and email as appropriate
· Perform all related tasks as required to meet the targets and objectives of the Service, in line with documented procedural, legislative and quality guidelines
· Contribute to the ongoing success of the team by striving to improve performance, embracing change and assisting with other duties as required to cover for holiday and sickness
· Contribute to the development and maintenance of processes and work schedules to targets and provide an efficient and effective service to staff and service users
· Maintaining relevant quality assurance and performance management systems to a high standard that conforms to departmental standards and procedures
· Use different IT system packages e.g. Word/Excel
· Use new technology to improve effectiveness of service delivery
· Work hours as required throughout the County as appropriate to meet service targets
· To provide administrative support to the Quality and Review Service Manager
· Values and behaviours
To demonstrate and be a role model for the council’s values and behaviours to promote and encourage positive behaviours, enhancing the quality and integrity of the services we provide.
· Smarter working, transformation and design principles
To seek new and innovative ideas to work smarter, irrespective of job role, and to be creative, innovative and empowered. Understand the operational impact of transformational change and service design principles to support new ways of working and to meet customer needs.
To communicate effectively with our customers, managers, peers and partners and to work collaboratively to provide the best possible public service. Communication between teams, services and partner organisations is imperative in providing the best possible service to our public.
· Health, Safety and Wellbeing
To take responsibility for health, safety and wellbeing in accordance with the council’s Health and Safety policy and procedures.
· Equality and diversity
To promote a society that gives everyone an equal chance to learn, work and live, free from discrimination and prejudice and ensure our commitment is put into practice. All employees are responsible for eliminating unfair and unlawful discrimination in everything that they do.
To work in a way that does not divulge personal and/or confidential information and follow the council’s policies and procedures in relation to data protection and security of information.
· Climate Change
To contribute to our corporate responsibility in relation to climate change by considering and limiting the carbon impact of activities during the course of your work, wherever possible.
· Performance management
To promote a culture whereby performance management is ingrained and the highest of standards and performance are achieved by all. Contribute to the council’s Performance and Development Review processes to ensure continuous learning and improvement and to increase organisational performance.
· Quality assurance (for applicable posts)
To set, monitor and evaluate standards at individual, team and service level so that the highest standards of service are delivered and maintained. Use data, where appropriate, to enhance the quality of service provision and support decision making processes.
· Management and leadership (for applicable posts)
To provide vision and leadership to inspire and empower all employees so they can reach their full potential and contribute to the council’s values and behaviours. Managers and leaders must engage in personal development to ensure they are equipped to lead transformational change; always searching for better ways to do things differently to meet organisational changes and service priorities.
· Financial management (for applicable posts)
To manage a designated budget, ensuring that the service achieves value for money in all circumstances through the monitoring of expenditure and the early identification of any financial irregularity.
The above is not exhaustive and the post holder will be expected to undertake any duties which may reasonably fall within the level of responsibility and the competence of the post as directed by your manager.
You must have:
· NVQ Level 2 Business Administration or equivalent
· Word processing and photocopying
· Use of IT systems, e.g. Word, Excel
· Communicating effectively and professionally in verbal and written format using various communication methods
· Filing and retrieving of records
· Maintenance of quality assurance and filing systems
· Note taking
Skills & Knowledge:
· Basic user knowledge of IT systems, desirably those used within the service
· Typing skills
· Customer Focus – recognition of the customer, internally and externally, putting them first to provide an excellent service
· Work with others effectively as a team member to contribute to the successful achievement of targets, building relationships internally and externally to facilitate good working practices
· Communication – have the ability to communicate verbally and in written format clearly and effectively
· Effective time and cost management for themselves and others aligned with them
· Team worker with a flexible attitude to work and willing to assist other team members to ensure targets and timescales are met
· Taking responsibility for own actions and using own initiative to assist in problem solving
· Knowledge of the functions of Children and Young People’s Services
· Deeply motivated to improve and be committed to best outcomes for children, young people and their families
· Able to work as part of a team to deliver outcomes within timescales
· Evidence of understanding of own strengths and limitations and self impact on others
· Able to deliver results in a complex and busy environment and in a timely manner
· Takes responsibility for making things happen
· Committed to honesty, inclusiveness and personal integrity
· Committed to personal development
Benefits of working with Semester.co.uk:
- Free on-going training opportunities upon registering as part of our commitment to you.
- Competitive Rates of pay
- In house payroll, providing weekly payments and support
- Enhanced DBS completed.
- Support and expert advice from an approachable, dedicated and friendly team
- An assigned dedicated & experienced consultant
- Various employment opportunities in your preferred geographical area
- Flexible hours to meet your needs, full or part time
- Recommend a friend bonus scheme
- “Find your own job” bonus – get £250 for bringing your own position to us *
If you would like to find out more information about this role, or the other opportunities Semester.co.uk have available feel free to click the 'Apply' button below or contact the team on 0161 4199285**