Fostering Social Worker - Wirral #RQ408337
Brighton Street, Wallasey, United Kingdom
My Wirral based client is currently looking for an experienced, Social Worker to work in their Fostering team. The ideal Social Work candidate will possess specialist knowledge of Social Work practice in Childrens Services. This social work role is an excellent opportunity for anyone looking to work with an excellent, supportive Childrens Social Work Team.
To provide and deliver professional support and supervision to Foster Carers whilst promoting the safe care and development of our foster children in order for them to achieve their full potential in terms of their physical, social, emotional and educational needs. Supervising Social Worker role responsibilities are as follows: Ability to develop and implement effective supervision plans for Foster Carers, ensuring these are implemented consistently by: • Providing supervisory visits to Foster Carers with children in placement in accordance with policies and procedures. • Ensuring Foster Carers respond to the supervision process and benefit from the supervision provided. • Undertaking additional support visits as often as is necessary. • Support Foster Carers at all professionals meetings involving our CLA. • To support Foster Carers in maintaining records as required. • To contribute to the review, development and performance of Foster Carers. • To ensure that placements are made and sustained in accordance with a child’s Care Plan and policies and procedures. • To work with the children in placement to ensure that they are not open to abuse, they feel safe and their views are heard. • Encouraging Foster Carers to ‘participate’ in the service delivery.
You must have:
- A professional qualification in social work and experience of working with Adults, in particular previous experience of Assessment work
- Social Work England registration.
- Post qualified experience.
Benefits of working with Semester.co.uk:
- Free on-going training opportunities upon registering as part of our commitment to you.
- Competitive Rates of pay
- In house payroll, providing weekly payments and support
- Enhanced DBS completed.
- Support and expert advice from an approachable, dedicated and friendly team
- An assigned dedicated & experienced consultant
- Various employment opportunities in your preferred geographical area
- Flexible hours to meet your needs, full or part time
- Recommend a friend bonus scheme
- “Find your own job” bonus – get £250 for bringing your own position to us *
If you would like to find out more information about this role, or the other opportunities Semester.co.uk have available feel free to click the 'Apply' button below or contact the team on 0161 4199285**