Support Worker - Stockport - #0003DB5A1
Stockport SK1 3XE, UK
(Contract till end of May)
To support Special Guardians to understand the impact of trauma as a result of the experiences that children and young people have been through in their earlier lives and the greater effect this will have on the emotional and behavioural needs of the children:
• To provide practical and emotional parenting advice / strategies to help Special Guardians to support the children in their care
• To provide opportunities for Special Guardians to reflect and think about their parenting styles and try to adapt or enhance their skills to develop a wider toolkit of skills and strategies
• To support Special Guardians at times of need / crisis / stressful situations to manage children’s difficulties in responsive ways
• To support children and young people to have some time away from the home (where possible, in accordance with current restrictions) to also allow the Special Guardian’s some time to recharge and reduce stress to make day to day life more manageable for them
• To give children and young people a voice and listen to their concerns / worries / anxieties and support them to understand them and find new ways to cope, repair and resolve some of their difficulties.
• To support with transitions to school and ensuring children’s emotional needs are considered as part of further planning
• To undertake specific areas of work, such as life story work, that will enable a better understanding of children’s histories.
Office hours are 08.30 - 17.00 however flexible working hours are required which includes weekends and evenings.
You must have:
- Enhanced DBS
Benefits of working with Semester.co.uk:
- Free on-going training opportunities upon registering as part of our commitment to you.
- Competitive Rates of pay
- In house payroll, providing weekly payments and support
- Enhanced DBS completed.
- Support and expert advice from an approachable, dedicated and friendly team
- An assigned dedicated & experienced consultant
- Various employment opportunities in your preferred geographical area
- Flexible hours to meet your needs, full or part time
- Recommend a friend bonus scheme
- “Find your own job” bonus – get £250 for bringing your own position to us *
If you would like to find out more information about this role, or the other opportunities Semester.co.uk have available feel free to click the 'Apply' button below or contact the team on 0161 4199285**