Service Manager Fostering - Wigan - #0003DE231
Wigan WN1 1NJ, UK
Service Manager Fostering – Provider Services
We are excited to be recruiting to a temporary Service Manager to lead our Fostering Recruitment team, Friends, Family Assessment& Support team, and Recruited Support and Supervision Fostering team. You will be the nominated Agency Decision Maker (ADM) for the service and play a crucial role in leading on the local growth of sufficiency in fostering in line with our community wealth building ambitions, compliance with the fostering regulations and delivery of the Deal for Foster Carers.
You’ll be the driving force behind our ambitions plans to develop at pace the number of foster carers we recruit and drive forward the assessments for people to become foster carers whilst continuing to support existing foster carers and foster children. You’ll have extensive knowledge of fostering legislation and government guidance and a track record of using creative mechanisms to recruit and retain foster carer's
Working closely with other fostering team managers, foster children and carers and partners, you will place a relentless focus on improving placement sufficiency and supporting our children and families with a focus on early permanence.
You will be a committed, innovative, confident, and energetic leader committed to achieving positive change for children and families. You will lead on the delivery, development of high-quality practice and robust performance management systems to ensure that your team is highly effective.
You will be responsible for ensuring that Signs of Safety is an embedded as a practice model within the team.
As well as being a qualified and experienced social worker and manager, you will also have experience as an agency decision maker and have a proven track record of success. You’ll be ready to take on the crucial task of inspiring and influencing your Team and partners to achieve positive change and safety and permeance for children.
You will have excellent knowledge of statutory frameworks and processes as well as relevant legislation to ensure that your team is highly effective. You will be an excellent communicator, be able to develop and implement team plans, an effective decision maker with a passion to improve the lives for children in our borough.
You must have:
- A professional qualification in social work and experience of working with Adults, in particular previous experience of Assessment work
- Social Work England registration.
- Post qualified experience.
Benefits of working with Semester.co.uk:
- Free on-going training opportunities upon registering as part of our commitment to you.
- Competitive Rates of pay
- In house payroll, providing weekly payments and support
- Enhanced DBS completed.
- Support and expert advice from an approachable, dedicated and friendly team
- An assigned dedicated & experienced consultant
- Various employment opportunities in your preferred geographical area
- Flexible hours to meet your needs, full or part time
- Recommend a friend bonus scheme
- “Find your own job” bonus – get £250 for bringing your own position to us *
If you would like to find out more information about this role, or the other opportunities Semester.co.uk have available feel free to click the 'Apply' button below or contact the team on 0161 4199285**