Registered Children's Manager 0003DE7C1
Leeds, United Kingdom
Contract till beginning of April 2021.
Leeds Children’s services was rated ‘Outstanding’ by Ofsted at our last inspection. Our commitment to delivering outstanding outcomes for our children and investment in Restorative Practice makes Child Friendly Leeds a great place to work.
Our ambition to be the best city for children to grow up in is demonstrated in our plans to expand our Children’s Residential Services and create a range of specialist homes providing the best possible care and support to our children.
We now have opportunities for dedicate and committed people to come and join our team of Residential Home Managers to support our journey to Best. As we continue to embed our culture of learning, development and restorative practice throughout our residential services we are seeking new managers and leaders to join our team.
Our successful candidate will have an extensive knowledge of the legislation and regulations relating to children’s homes and be responsible for leading a team to ensuring that their home provides warmth and care and support our children realise their potential.
You will be supported to register with Ofsted and will be joining a large team of registered managers working together to deliver outstanding outcomes across all our homes. You will be able to drive positive outcomes for children and inspire confidence in your service. This is a demanding role that will require tenacity, commitment and effort and our commitment is to support you in your role to develop your skills as a manager and leader in outstanding children’s services.
The role requires independent registration with Ofsted and as such you will be required to demonstrate that within the last 5 years you have a minimum of 2 years in a position relevant to the residential care of children and that you have worked for at least one year in a role requiring the supervision and management of staff working in a care role. We would welcome applications from candidates with experience of working in behavioural change programmes or with knowledge of evidence based programmes to working with families.
We will support you to achieve a level 5 Diploma in Leadership and Management for Residential Childcare (England) or equivalent as well as provide you with extensive continual professional development opportunities throughout your role.
You must have:
- A professional qualification in social work and experience of working with Adults, in particular previous experience of Assessment work
- Social Work England registration.
- Post qualified experience.
Benefits of working with Semester.co.uk:
- Free on-going training opportunities upon registering as part of our commitment to you.
- Competitive Rates of pay
- In house payroll, providing weekly payments and support
- Enhanced DBS completed.
- Support and expert advice from an approachable, dedicated and friendly team
- An assigned dedicated & experienced consultant
- Various employment opportunities in your preferred geographical area
- Flexible hours to meet your needs, full or part time
- Recommend a friend bonus scheme
- “Find your own job” bonus – get £250 for bringing your own position to us *
If you would like to find out more information about this role, or the other opportunities Semester.co.uk have available feel free to click the 'Apply' button below or contact the team on 0161 4199285**