Children's Social Worker - Wigan - #0003D0C71
Wigan WN1 1NJ, UK
We are a busy connected persons assessment and support team. We are looking to an agency worker to join the team for a period of 12 weeks to help in managing the current workload within the service.
The candidate will have a minimum of 2 years experience. Experience in Family Friends assessments is preferable; however, the candidate will require a good working knowledge of legislation around Connected carers, SGO and CAO. They will need to have experience in children's social work preferable Locality and Duty along with experience of court work. It is preferable that the candidate has a working knowledge of regulation 24 and 25 assessments, viability assessments and full connected assessments (form C)
You will be joining a fantastic team with supportive colleagues and managers. You will have regular supervision and guidance throughout assessments; however, the team are busy and you will be required to work independently.
Due to Covid we are mainly working at home; however, due to the service we provide visits to families are needed. PPE will be provided. Once restrictions are lifted we will be based either in Life Centre South or Progress House.
You must have:
- A professional qualification in social work and experience of working with Adults, in particular previous experience of Assessment work
- Social Work England registration.
- Post qualified experience.
Benefits of working with Semester.co.uk:
- Free on-going training opportunities upon registering as part of our commitment to you.
- Competitive Rates of pay
- In house payroll, providing weekly payments and support
- Enhanced DBS completed.
- Support and expert advice from an approachable, dedicated and friendly team
- An assigned dedicated & experienced consultant
- Various employment opportunities in your preferred geographical area
- Flexible hours to meet your needs, full or part time
- Recommend a friend bonus scheme
- “Find your own job” bonus – get £250 for bringing your own position to us *
If you would like to find out more information about this role, or the other opportunities Semester.co.uk have available feel free to click the 'Apply' button below or contact the team on 0161 4199285**