Hospital Discharge Social Worker - Trafford - #0003D8C41
Salford M6 8HD, UK
We are recruiting Social Workers to join our Social Work team to support Trafford Residents who have been admitted to hospital across 3 sites and urgent care. We are looking for enthusiastic and motivated applicants who will thrive in a busy work environment.
You will be required to arrange safe and timely discharges both from an acute and community setting as per the Discharge to assess model of assessment. Assessments will need to be completed within agreed timescales to ensure best possible outcomes for people.
You will manage a varied caseload, which will include capacity assessments, best interest decision making, Care Act assessments and safeguarding investigations.
You will deliver exceptional social care to adult service users and their carers and promote choice and control as much as possible You will need to operate within an agreed performance management and budgetary framework.
Your style and approach will reflect our values and behaviors. You will be committed to continually learning & improving the way you do things to ensure effective outcomes. You be able to work autonomously as required and as part of a wider multi-disciplinary team when necessary.
You will be adaptable to change and the new ways of working that are being developed in line with the current hospital discharge process.
You will need to hold a relevant social work qualification, be registered with Social Work England and have already completed the ASYE Programme. There is an expectation that you will have relevant experience and knowledge around the role and responsibilities of a social worker. Liquid Logic experience is essential.
You must possess good communication skills and be able to work proactively with a range of adults, applying a clear understanding of the legislative framework for Adult Social Care. In addition you will be required to provide an effective response to safeguarding enquiries in line with both the Care Act and local policy and procedures.
Trafford Council and its partners in the public, private and third sectors are embarking on a Vision which sees us working together to close inequality gaps and maximise Trafford’s huge potential. Our vision is working together to build the best future for all our communities and everyone in Trafford.
Trafford really is a great place to work. With a positive permission culture, we embrace innovation and encourage performance. We’re keen to recruit someone with the right values and behaviours that can help us ensure our workplace values are at the heart of everything we do.
What's on offer for the Social Worker?
- Excellent competitive pay rate
- Excellent management structure with experienced leaders
- Desirable location with excellent transport links
- A stable and well-supported working environment
You must have:
- A professional qualification in social work and experience of working with Children, in particular previous experience of Assessment work
- Social Work England registration or Social Care Wales registration for North Wales.
- Post qualified experience.
Benefits of working with Semester.co.uk:
- Free on-going training opportunities upon registering as part of our commitment to you.
- Competitive Rates of pay
- In house payroll, providing weekly payments and support
- Enhanced DBS completed.
- Support and expert advice from an approachable, dedicated and friendly team
- An assigned dedicated & experienced consultant
- Various employment opportunities in your preferred geographical area
- Flexible hours to meet your needs, full or part time
- Recommend a friend bonus scheme
- “Find your own job” bonus – get £250 for bringing your own position to us *
If you would like to find out more information about this role, or the other opportunities Semester.co.uk have available feel free to click the 'Apply' button below or contact the team on 0161 4199285**