Adults Social Worker - Durham - #1000561511954822
North End, Durham, United Kingdom
My Durham based client is currently looking for an experienced, Social Worker to work in their Adults team. The ideal Social Work candidate will possess specialist knowledge of Social Work practice in Adult's Services. This social work role is an excellent opportunity for anyone looking to work with an excellent, supportive Adult Social Work Team.
Contract till end of Feb with potential for extension or made permanent.
Description of role
To ensure that the social care needs of people are fully assessed and that services are
delivered, monitored and reviewed in accordance with the agreed care plan
Duties and responsibilities
Listed below are the responsibilities this role will be primarily responsible for:
· To undertake assessments of the needs of potential users and obtain contributions to that assessment from other personnel and/or agencies; to encourage the participation of users and carers and ensure that their views are taken fully into account; and to relate those needs to agency policies and ensure that the process is carried out in accordance with published standards.
· To define service requirements and design individually tailored packages of care to meet assessed needs; taking into account the views of users and carers and agreeing any areas of risk with them; and to cost the care plan and assess the user's ability to contribute towards the cost of services, in conjunction with administrative and other staff.
· Specify the nature of the services to be provided in terms of volume, frequency, duration and quality.
Implementing the Care Plan:
· To negotiate the provision of services at the most cost-effective rate and ensure they meet service principles, objectives and specifications; to make imaginative use of community resources and stimulate the development of local services: and to contribute to the drawing up of contracts with providers, in conjunction with staff of the Commissioning Service.
· To be responsible for developing systems to monitor the delivery of services within budgetary limits and in line with objectives and specifications and to provide continuing support to users and carers.
· To review the achievement of care plan objectives, reassess needs and revise the care plan and re-define service requirements accordingly and ensure value for money.
Service Standards & Service Planning:
· To maintain published standards for the delivery of care management and assessment; to notify providers and quality controllers about deficiencies in the standards of services and to inform service planners about unmet need and gaps and shortfall in provision. To understand and implement current and future legislation that applies to the post.
Specialist Services and Therapeutic Intervention:
· Where appropriate, to provide specialist counselling social work, occupational therapy, approved social worker or other professional skill contribution as requested by clients or other Social Workers in keeping with the training, experience and aptitude of the postholder, and to ensure that users have access to an advocate or independent representative whenever necessary.
Administration and Development:
· To ensure that records and user information are maintained using new technology wherever appropriate; to produce reports for management staff when requested; and to contribute to other Departmental administrative requirements necessary.
The above is not exhaustive and the post holder will be expected to undertake any duties which may reasonably fall within the level of responsibility and the competence of the post as directed by the Head of Service.
What's on offer for the Social Worker?
- Excellent competitive pay rate
- Excellent management structure with experienced leaders
- Desirable location with excellent transport links
- A stable and well-supported working environment
You must have:
- A professional qualification in social work and experience of working with Children, in particular previous experience of Assessment work
- Social Work England registration or Social Care Wales registration for North Wales.
- 2 Years Post qualified experience.
Benefits of working with Semester.co.uk:
- Free on-going training opportunities upon registering as part of our commitment to you.
- Competitive Rates of pay
- In house payroll, providing weekly payments and support
- Enhanced DBS completed.
- Support and expert advice from an approachable, dedicated and friendly team
- An assigned dedicated & experienced consultant
- Various employment opportunities in your preferred geographical area
- Flexible hours to meet your needs, full or part time
- Recommend a friend bonus scheme
- “Find your own job” bonus – get £250 for bringing your own position to us *
If you would like to find out more information about this role, or the other opportunities Semester.co.uk have available feel free to click the 'Apply' button below or contact the team on 0161 4199285**