Supervising Social Worker - (Family Placement Team) - Manchester - #0003D67C1
Stretford, Manchester M32 0TH, UK
Supervising Social Worker
Family Placement Team
You will be responsible for supervising foster carers to enable them to develop skills and build resilience. You will also be involved in preparing annual reviews, assessing new applicants and be involved in the matching of children to new placements. You will have proven assessment and organisational skills as well as the ability to communicate well and to work in a team to innovate and develop creative solutions for children and families.
You will require:
· A CQSW, CSS, DipSW, degree in Social Work or equivalent and experience in working with children and families. You must be registered with the HCPC.
· A sound working knowledge of relevant legislation and an insight into the issues faced by looked after children.
· Strong communication and assessment skills.
· An ability to forge effective working relationships across agencies
You will be welcomed into a friendly environment where your personal and professional development will be encouraged. You will have the opportunity to work and grow in a people-centred and values based org
You must have:
- A professional qualification in social work and experience of working with Adults, in particular previous experience of Assessment work
- Social Work England registration.
- Post qualified experience.
Benefits of working with Semester.co.uk:
- Free on-going training opportunities upon registering as part of our commitment to you.
- Competitive Rates of pay
- In house payroll, providing weekly payments and support
- Enhanced DBS completed.
- Support and expert advice from an approachable, dedicated and friendly team
- An assigned dedicated & experienced consultant
- Various employment opportunities in your preferred geographical area
- Flexible hours to meet your needs, full or part time
- Recommend a friend bonus scheme
- “Find your own job” bonus – get £250 for bringing your own position to us *