Children's Disabilities Team Manager - Blackpool - #0003CE851
Blackpool FY1 3AH, UK
Team Manager (Children with Disabilities) 1x37
Blackpool Council are looking to appoint an enthusiastic talented manager for its Supporting Children with Complex Needs Team.
The ideal candidate will have excellent communication and problem solving skills and will be able to multi task a complex caseload across both the children's social care teams and SEND partners.
The post holder will manage the Statutory functions of the Supporting Children with Complex Needs Team which involves a diverse caseload of disabled children and their families. You will need to have a thorough understanding of the Children's Act, PLO, safeguarding procedures, processes involving children in our care and the over arching statutory functions of a children's social care team including visits and reviews.
You will need Assessment Team and processes associated with the issue of education, Health and Care plans as identified in the Children and Families Act. An established practice knowledge of children with disabilities would be beneficial as well as an understanding of guidance associated with overnight short breaks.
The successful candidate will have had a minimum of 5 years statutory social work experience in a mainstream team. They will need to evidence a clear understanding of managing performance and practice within a team, as well as a dedication to robust care planning knowledge coupled with both supervision and reflective supervision protocols. You will need to be confident in you knowledge of legislation pertinent to both the social care team and also the service as a whole. A knowledge of leaving care and transitions would be beneficial.
You must have:
- A professional qualification in social work and experience of working with Adults, in particular previous experience of Assessment work
- Social Work England registration.
- Post qualified experience.
Benefits of working with Semester.co.uk:
- Free on-going training opportunities upon registering as part of our commitment to you.
- Competitive Rates of pay
- In house payroll, providing weekly payments and support
- Enhanced DBS completed.
- Support and expert advice from an approachable, dedicated and friendly team
- An assigned dedicated & experienced consultant
- Various employment opportunities in your preferred geographical area
- Flexible hours to meet your needs, full or part time
- Recommend a friend bonus scheme
- “Find your own job” bonus – get £250 for bringing your own position to us *