Children's Senior Social Worker - Manchester - #0003C4821
Rowlandsway, Wythenshawe, Manchester M22 5RG, UK
Supervising Social Worker for the Connected Care Support Team.
The role will require you to carry out viability and full assessments including Special Guardianship Assessments to determine the suitability of family members who are potentially capable of taking on the responsibility of caring for the child/children in question.
You will be the allocated Supervising Social Worker for a caseload of connected carers. Your role will be to assess and supervise Emergency TACP Regulation 24 placements, present these cases at Fostering Panel alongside preparing your caseload for permanence via the appropriate legal orders. Our focus is on supporting families through the process and presenting to the Courts when they are ready for Special Guardianship or other suitable order.
You must be a confident assessor, be able to to meet deadlines and timescales, have a sound working knowledge of Fostering Regulations and Special Guardianship Orders and be experienced in supporting and assessing connected carers.
You must have:
- A professional qualification in social work and experience of working with Adults, in particular previous experience of Assessment work
- Social Work England registration.
- Post qualified experience.
Benefits of working with Semester.co.uk:
- Free on-going training opportunities upon registering as part of our commitment to you.
- Competitive Rates of pay
- In house payroll, providing weekly payments and support
- Enhanced DBS completed.
- Support and expert advice from an approachable, dedicated and friendly team
- An assigned dedicated & experienced consultant
- Various employment opportunities in your preferred geographical area
- Flexible hours to meet your needs, full or part time
- Recommend a friend bonus scheme
- “Find your own job” bonus – get £250 for bringing your own position to us *