Adults Senior Social Worker - Manchester - #0003B4D71
Monton Street, Manchester, United Kingdom
SENIOR SOCIAL WORKER – Rusholme, Moss Side & Hulme Integrated Neighbourhood Team/ Chorlton, Whalley Range & Fallowfield
Integrated Neighbourhood Team
The team is made up of Social Workers and Assessors who are responsible for the safe and timely Assessment and Review of citizens care and support needs.
The main focus of the work is to support the two Hubs Managers, Social Workers and Social Care Assessors (PAT) in their daily Roles & Responsibilities and further professional development.
The teams work closely within the INT’s Allied Health care professionals in supporting citizens with their assessed Health and Social Care needs, utilising Manchester’s Strength Based approach and the integration and connection to community asset-based provisions in developing the community and neighbourhood offer to better health and welfare for citizens.
The post holder will provide support to the team manager in the effective and efficient day to day operations and will be expected to cover in the absence of the team manager.
The post holder will be responsible for the safe delivery of care, enabling the discharge of the local authorities’ statutory responsibilities whilst ensuring the provision of a high-quality standard of service which promotes the well-being of individuals and groups within the community through our strength-based approach.
The post holder will effectively assist in managing and motivating the team to develop a skilled, competent and confident workforce which meets the needs and expectation of the service and Manchester residents.
The post holder will provide professional consultation, support and guidance to Team members and allied colleagues to assist in decision making and approve specific decisions in the management of cases.
The post holder will assist in providing strong management direction and motivate staff through effective performance management and co-ordination to maintain continuous improvement in order to meet service priorities.
Responsibility for a small caseload, including undertaking assessments, developing Care and Support Plans, and revising them as appropriate once they are implemented.
To continue to develop professionally, and be accountable for the delivery of, and promote, high quality social work practice.
To be proactive and embed safe practices with safeguarding processes, using and adhering to all relevant policies, including Making Safeguarding Personal.
To undertake safeguarding adults enquires as directed and in accordance with local procedures, liaising with the Multi-Agency Safeguarding Hub and community INT Social Work teams.
Social Work Senior INT
● Working on a small number of complex cases, approximately
6 cases (3 per hub).
● Supervision of PAT officers – 3-4 staff depending on capacity. (caseload
review only, all HR issues to be dealt with by Team manager).
● ASYE Mentor- 1
● Lead on Safeguarding enquiries
Chair strategy meetings
● Case Allocations
● Practice advice for team
● Support for less experienced staff around complex assessments
● Highlighting educational/training issues across INT's.
● Signing off work, Safeguarding etc.
● Part of management duty rota.
● Peer support.
● Monitoring inbox- duty manager.
● Caseload cleansing if staff are not progressing work.
Mentoring staff through performance issues as identified by team manager
What's on offer for the Social Worker?
- Excellent competitive pay rate
- Excellent management structure with experienced leaders
- Desirable location with excellent transport links
- A stable and well-supported working environment
You must have:
- A professional qualification in social work and experience of working with Children, in particular previous experience of Assessment work
- Social Work England registration or Social Care Wales registration for North Wales.
- Post qualified experience.
Benefits of working with Semester.co.uk:
- Free on-going training opportunities upon registering as part of our commitment to you.
- Competitive Rates of pay
- In house payroll, providing weekly payments and support
- Enhanced DBS completed.
- Support and expert advice from an approachable, dedicated and friendly team
- An assigned dedicated & experienced consultant
- Various employment opportunities in your preferred geographical area
- Flexible hours to meet your needs, full or part time
- Recommend a friend bonus scheme
- “Find your own job” bonus – get £250 for bringing your own position to us *
If you would like to find out more information about this role, or the other opportunities Semester.co.uk have available feel free to click the 'Apply' button below or contact the team on 0161 4199285**