Children's Disability Social Worker, Bury #0003C8601
Bury BL9 0EJ, UK
The Children with Disabilities Team is a specialist social work team. We work with some of the most severely disabled children and their families; working with children in need, children subject to child protection plans, looked after children, care proceedings and children with a plan of adoption.
We are looking for an experienced Social Worker whom has experience of working with children young people and their families and is committed to achieving good outcomes for children with disabilities.
• Responsible for a caseload of children with complex needs. Undertaking statutory assessments, writing reports
• Participate in the planning / reviewing of cases adhering to statutory timescales.
• Develop and maintain effective relationships with children, their families and carers.
• Provide advice and support and promote independence and early intervention, as necessary.
• Liaise with colleagues in own or other departments or external agencies to gather relevant information for assessment and care planning activities.
• Maintain and update case records as per statutory guidance.
• Write high quality reports as required and also where required give evidence in court in relation to care proceedings.
• Work effectively on complex situations, use their initiative.
• Be familiar with local resource networks and undertake capacity building with individuals, families, communities, user groups and voluntary organisations.
Benefits of working with Semester.co.uk:
- Free on-going training opportunities upon registering as part of our commitment to you.
- Competitive Rates of pay
- In house payroll, providing weekly payments and support
- Enhanced DBS completed.
- Support and expert advice from an approachable, dedicated and friendly team
- An assigned dedicated & experienced consultant
- Various employment opportunities in your preferred geographical area
- Flexible hours to meet your needs, full or part time
- Recommend a friend bonus scheme
- “Find your own job” bonus – get £250 for bringing your own position to us *