Children's Social Worker, Tameside #0003C6A01
Acre St, Denton, Manchester M34 2AE, UK
This is an exciting opportunity to come and work for Tameside . We are currently looking for experienced social workers to join our South Neighbourhood Team.
You will be joining the team at a time of transformation and great investment into services for children and social work practice. You will be working within a social work team, being case accountable for a complex and challenging case load of children and young people and completing all necessary statutory requirements within duty, child protection and care planning processes.
You will take the lead on championing the voice of children. The work will include undertaking assessments, direct work with children and families, Court work and formulating and implementing SMART plans.
Due to Covid-19 we are currently working on a remote basis, as per the government and department of health guidelines. However there is a blended approach to this where we are based in the Denton Centre and whilst on duty can base ourselves there. Also, we do respect that social workers may need to use the office when required ie in between visits. Individual risk assessments will be completed.
Tameside are on an exciting journey of change following our positive Ofsted visit. We are offering many benefits such as manageable caseloads, flexible working , a stable and permanent workforce and free parking!
Our permanent management group strive for good practice and are committed to ensuring social workers are valued through regular supervision and training. If you are committed and would like to be part of our journey we would love to hear from you.
You must have:
- A professional qualification in social work and experience of working with Adults, in particular previous experience of Assessment work
- Social Work England registration.
- Post qualified experience.
Benefits of working with Semester.co.uk:
- Free on-going training opportunities upon registering as part of our commitment to you.
- Competitive Rates of pay
- In house payroll, providing weekly payments and support
- Enhanced DBS completed.
- Support and expert advice from an approachable, dedicated and friendly team
- An assigned dedicated & experienced consultant
- Various employment opportunities in your preferred geographical area
- Flexible hours to meet your needs, full or part time
- Recommend a friend bonus scheme
- “Find your own job” bonus – get £250 for bringing your own position to us *