Level 3 Social Worker, Trafford #0003C9751
Stretford, Manchester M32 0TH, UK
The role is based on the Care and Support Service Team 2 which is a Social Worker on a permanence team taking responsibility for meeting statutory duties for a caseload of looked after children.
The role involved fulfilling statutory duties including visiting children in their placements, assessments, care planning, direct work with children and young people to help them articulate wishes and feelings, coordinating and attending a range of meetings including LAC Reviews, Care Planning Meetings, Strategy Meetings, PEP’s and any other relevant meetings in line with the child’s specific needs.
Personal Advisors (Leaving Care) are co-located and there is a joined up approach on the young person turning 16 in order to plan for independence and share the formulation of the required Pathway Plan which the allocated social worker leads on.
There is a focus on achieving permanence for children and young people so there may also be Court work around progressing Special Guardianship for carers or the discharge of S31 Care Orders for those children who are placed at home.
The team also work with a number of Unaccompanied Asylum Seeking young people who are looked after where triple planning is crucial.
Key partners are Health/ LAC Nursing, Education including the Virtual School and Connexions, Fostering Team; Social Care CAMHS, Early Break Services (substance mis-use) ,Police, Children’s Rights, and 3rdsector partners such as Greater Manchester Youth Network.
The usual team base if New Kershaw Centre, Deal Street, BL9 7PZ where there is also a young person’s Hub and facilities such as kitchen and computer for use. However due to COVID-19 Lockdown all staff are working remotely and resources allocated including laptop.
SMART phone and remote connectivity to access confidential LA systems. The successful applicant would need to have access to reliable home WiFi at the current time.
There is access to Microsoft Teams so that video meetings can be held. The opening of the service base is being kept under regular review.
All visits to children are currently risk assessed as to whether this needs to be a visit to the home or can be managed via video call.
Where home visits are required this is to be in line with social distancing and a risk assessment is completed prior to the visit being agreed
You must have:
- A professional qualification in social work and experience of working with Adults, in particular previous experience of Assessment work
- Social Work England registration.
- Post qualified experience.
Benefits of working with Semester.co.uk:
- Free on-going training opportunities upon registering as part of our commitment to you.
- Competitive Rates of pay
- In house payroll, providing weekly payments and support
- Enhanced DBS completed.
- Support and expert advice from an approachable, dedicated and friendly team
- An assigned dedicated & experienced consultant
- Various employment opportunities in your preferred geographical area
- Flexible hours to meet your needs, full or part time
- Recommend a friend bonus scheme
- “Find your own job” bonus – get £250 for bringing your own position to us *