Locality/Hospital Social Worker, Tameside #000383A01
Ashton-under-Lyne, OL6, United Kingdom
My Tameside based client is currently looking for an experienced, Social Worker to work in their Locality & Hospital Discharge Team. The ideal Social Work candidate will possess specialist knowledge of Social Work practice in Adult Services. This social work role is an excellent opportunity for anyone looking to work with an excellent, supportive Adults Social Work Team.
Responsibilities of the Social Worker:
We have 1 x social worker provisionally for 3 months and 3 social work vacancies for two months these roles are required to work on either the hospital discharge team or the locality / neighbourhood team.
Both roles are working with adults over the age of 18 , it is necessary for relevant hospital or community experience.
We are looking for two experienced social workers to join us on a busy but supportive hospital discharge team based at Tameside General Hospital with the main aim of completing safe and timely discharges, in line with the Discharge to Assess guidance.
You must have relevant recent experience of working within a hospital setting and the demands and pressures of an integrated urgent care team.
Your role will be undertaking D2A assessments, arranging short term packages of care, liaising and working closely with health colleagues from the Trust and working on a rota covering admission avoidance.
Experience of liquid logic is preferred and the ability to manage / coordinate cases.
What's on offer for the Social Worker?
- Excellent competitive pay rate
- Excellent management structure with experienced leaders
- Desirable location with excellent transport links
- A stable and well-supported working environment
You must have:
- A professional qualification in social work and experience of working with Adults, in particular previous experience of Assessment work
- Social Work England registration or Social Care Wales registration for North Wales.
- Post qualified experience.
Benefits of working with Semester.co.uk:
- Free on-going training opportunities upon registering as part of our commitment to you.
- Competitive Rates of pay
- In house payroll, providing weekly payments and support
- Enhanced DBS completed.
- Support and expert advice from an approachable, dedicated and friendly team
- An assigned dedicated & experienced consultant
- Various employment opportunities in your preferred geographical area
- Flexible hours to meet your needs, full or part time
- Recommend a friend bonus scheme
- “Find your own job” bonus – get £250 for bringing your own position to us *
If you would like to find out more information about this role, or the other opportunities Semester.co.uk have available feel free to click the 'Apply' button below or contact the team on 0161 4199285**
** Candidates must have a valid enhanced DBS which is preferably on the update service and be able to provide satisfactory references for the past 5 years.