CMHT Care Coordinator (Social Worker), Tameside
Outram Rd, Dukinfield SK16 4XE, UK
My Tameside based client is currently looking for an experienced, CMHT Care Coordinator (Qualified Social Worker) to work in their team. The ideal Social Work candidate will possess specialist knowledge of Social Work practice in Adult Services. This social work role is an excellent opportunity for anyone looking to work with an excellent, supportive Adults Social Work Team.
Responsibilities of the Social Worker:
The Care Coordinator will provide a comprehensive mental health service to adults of working age who experience severe mental health problems within the community. The practitioner will also: -
• Work collaboratively across a range of disciplines to continuously promote a ‘needs based’ approach to all service users.
• Promote an integrated approach to service delivery.
• Develop clear relapse recognition / prevention plans and share with MDT, service users and carers where appropriate
• Develop meaningful engagement with individuals who are often referred to as ‘difficult to engage’ and their families.
• The team will offer a five day service within the hours of 09.00hrs to 17.00hrs. Some flexibility will be necessary to provide planned interventions.
To act as Care Co-ordinator
To carry a caseload and work with evidence based interventions to include: -
• Assessment of need of the service user and carer
• Formulation of care plan
• Implementation of a plan of care for the service user in collaboration with the multi-disciplinary team, referring agent, family/carer and service user, where appropriate.
• Assessment and monitoring of risk,
• Formulation of risk within mental health assessment
To monitor, review and evaluate care in accordance with C.P.A policy:
To liaise with all agencies, and members of the multi-disciplinary team to ensure the needs of the service user are met.
Establish and maintain communication with individuals and groups on the caseload about difficult or complex matters, in such a way as to overcome any problems in communication.
To supervise Community Support Workers / Junior staff as appropriate to implement elements of the care plan.
To maintain accurate, up to date electronic records of all service users referred and receiving assessment, care treatment and support.
To offer initial mental health and social care assessments to those newly referred to the service,
To participate in the CMHT’s duty system on a Rota basis. Be able to offer a rapid response to service users’ immediate needs, including those arising from crises especially with regards to serious risk to self and others.
To work in a therapeutically informed way within the multi-disciplinary team with service users with complex personality disorders and severe and enduring mental health disorders.
To maintain a persistent approach to engagement where there are complex mental health difficulties.
To have the capacity to prioritise and work flexibly with MDT in order to respond to rapidly changing clinical needs.
To promote the physical health and well being of service users.
If an AMHP to partake in the AMHP Rota
What's on offer for the Social Worker?
- Excellent competitive pay rate
- Excellent management structure with experienced leaders
- Desirable location with excellent transport links
- A stable and well-supported working environment
You must have:
- A professional qualification in social work and experience of working with Adults, in particular previous experience of Assessment work
- Social Work England registration or Social Care Wales registration for North Wales.
- Post qualified experience.
Benefits of working with Semester.co.uk:
- Free on-going training opportunities upon registering as part of our commitment to you.
- Competitive Rates of pay
- In house payroll, providing weekly payments and support
- Enhanced DBS completed.
- Support and expert advice from an approachable, dedicated and friendly team
- An assigned dedicated & experienced consultant
- Various employment opportunities in your preferred geographical area
- Flexible hours to meet your needs, full or part time
- Recommend a friend bonus scheme
- “Find your own job” bonus – get £250 for bringing your own position to us *
If you would like to find out more information about this role, or the other opportunities Semester.co.uk have available feel free to click the 'Apply' button below or contact the team on 0161 4199285**
** Candidates must have a valid enhanced DBS which is preferably on the update service and be able to provide satisfactory references for the past 5 years.