Marketing Officer: Campaigns,£14ph North Yorkshire Council
A167, Northallerton, United Kingdom
The core focus of this job is to support the delivery of professional marketing campaigns for the range of services offered by NYES. The post holder will do this by working with Heads of Service and the NYES team to create and manage dynamic, innovative campaigns that utilise a range of communications channels, tools and techniques, enabling and delivering successful outcomes for services and customers.
· Contribute to the achievement of NYES’ priorities and plan
· Contribute to the on-going review of continuous improvement of services provided by NYES.
· Be responsible for the production and delivery of agreed campaigns – for both internal employee audiences and external, using the relevant communications techniques, to the required cost, time and quality.
- Utilise market intelligence to understand the needs of the sector and organisation and develop effective campaigns that will help to meet these needs.
- Develop effective communication solutions for a range of traded services, offering support, advice and guidance.
- Work alongside other team members to deliver effective campaigns using the relevant skills in the unit to generate multi-disciplinary projects.
- Provide project management through the production of schedules, briefing and liaising with staff, external/internal suppliers and agencies and partners as required.
- Ensure that all work is delivered to relevant council standards and to professional communications standards and that there is a focus on performance and objectives.
- Provide support to the wider marketing team to assist with the achievement of wider objectives.
· Deliver on targets as agreed in relation to KPIs associated with campaigns.
- Develop and maintain excellent communications and working relationships with colleagues, Heads of Traded Service and wider partners within the organisation.
- Demonstrate a good understanding of service and directorate objectives, through communications and engagement support.
- Positively promote a professional standard of communications in both written and oral communications, to both internal and external audiences.
· Demonstrate effective communications including skills in negotiating, influencing change, providing advice and guidance, promotion, consulting, liaising and engaging as part of the ongoing work of the team.
· Work with colleagues from the NYES group, other county council staff, schools, outside bodies, associates, partners and the general public and suppliers to deliver communications projects.
- Within the constraints of the particular project or campaign, be responsible for directing the work of a multi-skilled team and ensure allocated project budgets are effectively managed.
- Support the Marketing Manager in managing external resources, contracts and suppliers who are commissioned to provide a service to the team.
· Support the wider team in delivering high standards of performance against agreed indicators, reporting back where relevant.
· Use appropriate systems and tools to support the management and delivery of projects and campaigns including software from the Microsoft office suite (word, excel, powerpoint and publisher) as well as bespoke content management systems, social media tools and other reporting and monitoring tools
Essential upon appointment
· Working knowledge of communication tools including CMS, social media tools and email marketing platforms.
· Good understanding and practical application of communication
· Understanding the principles underpinning communication with audiences, using different messages and tools.
· Understanding of the role of communications in large, complex organisations and its role in contributing to strategic goals.
· Experience within a relevant communications field, of delivering projects and campaigns successfully.
· Experience of working with multi-disciplinary teams and a range of stakeholders to deliver successful outcomes.
· Experience of leading communications projects, in a changing organisational environment, delivering against targets.
· Experience in supporting and managing campaigns for multiple services concurrently
· Demonstrable professional skills in the field of communications, including the ability to engage and communicate with service users and with a range of other stakeholders.
· The ability to converse at ease with customers and provide advice in accurate spoken English is essential for the post.
· Ability to engage, influence and effect change, understanding the key drivers for successful communication
· Ability to use initiative to solve problems, working effectively with others to find solutions
· Ability to focus on customer outcomes, paying attention to detail, understanding impacts on others
· Ability to use all forms of communication, including written and oral, efficiently and effectively.
· Ability to manage own workload and prioritise effectively.
· Ability to support, challenge and motivate staff, from other service areas, working in multi-disciplinary teams
· Ability to monitor services and practices to ensure agreed standards are maintained, committed to quality and accessibility
· Flexible approach with the ability to respond effectively to changing circumstances and priorities, without losing focus or direction.
Benefits of working with Semester.co.uk:
- Free on-going training opportunities upon registering as part of our commitment to you.
- Competitive Rates of pay
- In house payroll, providing weekly payments and support
- Enhanced DBS completed.
- Support and expert advice from an approachable, dedicated and friendly team
- An assigned dedicated & experienced consultant
- Various employment opportunities in your preferred geographical area
- Flexible hours to meet your needs, full or part time
- Recommend a friend bonus scheme
If you would like to find out more information about this role, or the other opportunities Semester.co.uk have available feel free to click the 'Apply' button below or contact the team on 0161 4199285**