Independent Domestic Abuse Advisor, Manchester
Moss Side, Manchester M16 7AD, UK
This is a fixed term post until 31/03/2021.
The candidate must be able to start immediately .
The IDVA team supports High risk Domestic Abuse Victims living in Manchester. Ideally, the candidate will have the Safelives IDVA qualification and /or extensive knowledge and experience of working with victims of Domestic Abuse.
The candidate will need to be able to demonstrate the skills detailed on the attached Role Profile. This will be evidenced in their CV and through an Interface with the IDVA Team Leaders.
Must have experience of working with survivors of Domestic Abuse in order to support victims referred into the MARAC process through the criminal justice system, access civil remedies and reduce the risk of repeat victimisation and homelessness.
The postholder will deal with traumatic and upsetting situations and circumstances.
You will need to show emotional resilience in dealing with these issues and be able to respond positively to the customer on a day to day basis.
Must consent to and apply for an enhanced DBS check.
Completion of CAADA training or equivalent or willingness to attend CAADA training
The post is subject to casual car user allowance.
After initial training, the candidate will be able to work from home. The hours are 7 hours per day Monday to Friday and are flexible between the hours of 8 am and 6pm .
The office is based at Bold Street Moss Side . Due to the current Covid restrictions, there is no face to face contact with clients unless there are exceptional circumstances.
What's on offer?
- Excellent competitive pay rate
- Excellent management structure with experienced leaders
- Desirable location with excellent transport links
- A stable and well-supported working environment
Benefits of working with Semester.co.uk:
- Free on-going training opportunities upon registering as part of our commitment to you.
- Competitive Rates of pay
- In house payroll, providing weekly payments and support
- Enhanced DBS completed.
- Support and expert advice from an approachable, dedicated and friendly team
- An assigned dedicated & experienced consultant
- Various employment opportunities in your preferred geographical area
- Flexible hours to meet your needs, full or part time
- Recommend a friend bonus scheme
- “Find your own job” bonus – get £250 for bringing your own position to us *
If you would like to find out more information about this role, or the other opportunities Semester.co.uk have available feel free to click the 'Apply' button below or contact the team on 0161 4199285**
** Candidates must have a valid enhanced DBS which is preferably on the update service and be able to provide satisfactory references for the past 5 years.