Hospital Discharge Social Worker - Manchester
Delaunays Road, Manchester, United Kingdom
Key Role Descriptors:
The role holder will work to provide direct support for individuals and families in accordance with statutory responsibilities and local and national policies and procedures, effectively identifying cases and/or managing a caseload in order to secure positive outcomes for Manchester residents.
The role holder will lead the effective development of partnership approaches in order to safeguard individuals through the effective management of safeguarding risk and the recording and sharing of information.
The role holder will ensure that through effective advice, planning and support and the utilisation of ‘joined up’ approaches, individuals are able to access services appropriate for their identified needs. The role holder will support the leadership of the team and service through the provision of advice to colleagues, contributing to the ongoing development of staff, students and trainees.
Key Role Accountabilities:
Be responsible for carrying out social work duties, including care co-ordination, in relation to the most complex cases requiring the highest levels of skills, knowledge and professional expertise. Undertake a key role in cooperation with partners and stakeholders to ensure safeguarding processes and procedures are in place to protect individuals.
Identify, challenge and develop solutions to any possible safeguarding risks for vulnerable residents of the city. Work in conjunction with and provide consultation to partner agencies to deliver effective planning to ensure positive outcomes for vulnerable residents of Manchester. This will include representing the City Council at a range of meetings, proceedings and reviews as required.
Actively engage in team and service development including the promotion of innovative and new ideas and techniques to improve service performance and outcomes. Efficiently prepare and produce high quality documentation and reports and contribute to effective data recording in accordance with statutory accountabilities and timescales to improve outcomes and the safeguarding of individuals.
Proactively establish, develop and maintain relationships with partner agencies and stakeholders to provide individuals with the opportunity to access suitable services which will assist them in achieving their agreed goals. Personal commitment to continuous self-development and service improvement.
Through personal example, open commitment and clear action, ensure diversity is positively valued, resulting in equal access and treatment in employment, service delivery and communications.
Where the roleholder is disabled every effort will be made to supply all necessary aids, adaptations or equipment to allow them to carry out all the duties of the role. If, however, a certain task proves to be unachievable, job redesign will be given full consideration.
What's on offer for the Social Worker?
- Excellent competitive pay rate
- Excellent management structure with experienced leaders
- Desirable location with excellent transport links
- A stable and well-supported working environment
You must have:
- A professional qualification in social work and experience of working with Children, in particular previous experience of Assessment work
- Social Work England registration or Social Care Wales registration for North Wales.
- Post qualified experience.
Benefits of working with Semester.co.uk:
- Free on-going training opportunities upon registering as part of our commitment to you.
- Competitive Rates of pay
- In house payroll, providing weekly payments and support
- Enhanced DBS completed.
- Support and expert advice from an approachable, dedicated and friendly team
- An assigned dedicated & experienced consultant
- Various employment opportunities in your preferred geographical area
- Flexible hours to meet your needs, full or part time
- Recommend a friend bonus scheme
- “Find your own job” bonus – get £250 for bringing your own position to us *
If you would like to find out more information about this role, or the other opportunities Semester.co.uk have available feel free to click the 'Apply' button below or contact the team on 0161 4199285**
** Candidates must have a valid enhanced DBS which is preferably on the update service and be able to provide satisfactory references for the past 5 years.