Elderly Residential Senior & Care Assistant - (16 Week Contract) £14-15ph, Wakefield
Wakefield, WF1, United Kingdom
We have a fantastic opportunity for x4 experienced, dedicated 'Care Assistants' and x4 'Senior Care Assistants' who would like guaranteed work for the next 16 weeks based in Wakefield.
The role will involve working within a Covid residential unit and the successful 'Care Assistant's will only work in the one unit the whole 16 weeks to prevent any spread of Covid19.
Successful candidates would need to commit to this role & not work anywhere else for the 16 week period.
We are flexible to shift patterns, and welcome those with varied availability (however we do expect some availability for weekends, nights and sleeps) as long as they can commit to the same shifts for the whole 16 weeks with the aim to start the beginning of December.
What's on offer for the Care Assistant?
- Excellent competitive pay rate min £14 - £15ph (dependent on experience)
- Paid weekly.
- Guaranteed work till end of March 2021!
- We can be flexible to your requirements.
- Excellent management structure with experienced leaders
- A stable and well-supported working environment
What Qualifications do I need?
- NVQ 2 in Social Care or 'willingness to achieve this' (Care Assistants)
- NVQ 3 or 'willingness to achieve this' (Senior Care)
- First Aid trained
- Safe Moving & Handling
- Medicine dispensary training (desired)
What experience and skills are required?
- You must have at least 1 year minimum post qualified experience.
- Experience of working with older people and an understanding of their differing complex care needs.
- Physical capability to undertake the tasks associated with a caring role (including safe moving and handling of residents).
- The ability to read care plans and communications and other relevant documentation.
- Ability to record information and the ability to communicate clearly.
- Be able to offer and provide physical and emotional support to residents.
- Be able to work as a team member and work individually.
What duties are required?
1. Accountable to all members of the Management Team or Senior Carers on duty at all times of the working shift.
2. To allow the residents in the home to maintain their independence as far as possible and allow them to maintain their individuality and dignity.
3. Offer person centred support in the maintenance of an individual’s physical needs such as washing, bathing, dressing etc.
4. To fully appreciate the emotional needs of individual residents within the home who often feel a loss of integrity, identity or some independence.
5. To communicate all aspects of care being given to each individual on an individual person centred basis.
6. To offer recreation and stimulus to residents.
7. To communicate the needs of residents to management and maintain good relations between residents, staff and visitors to the home.
8. To have concern for the environment such as some domestic aspects during the course of the day.
9. To be aware of health and safety issues and to ensure that these are responded to appropriately
10. To be aware of fire precautions in the home and to respond in the event of a fire.
11. To attend service user reviews and staff meetings.
12. Any other duties considered to fall within the scope of the post.
13. To participate fully in supervision, appraisal, development and training as required.
Benefits of working with Semester.co.uk:
- Free on-going training opportunities upon registering as part of our commitment to you.
- Competitive Rates of pay
- In house payroll, providing weekly payments and support
- Enhanced DBS completed.
- Support and expert advice from an approachable, dedicated and friendly team
- An assigned dedicated & experienced consultant
- Various employment opportunities in your preferred geographical area