Children's Referral and Assessment Social Worker, Bolton
Bolton BL2 2JW, UK
Based in the Multi-Agency Referral and Assessment team (MASSS) in Castle Hill working across the borough.
Experience of working in referral and assessment team and familiar with statutory processes.
• Undertaking home visits to gather information to establish any safeguarding concern- initial child /family needs assessments
• s47’s enquiries- including co-ordination of statutory meetings and closing s47 if no further action/concern
• Provide short term interventions -liaising and passing case assessment/referrals to other teams when progressed
•Work within the Courts, taking statutory action when necessary to protect a child, including Emergency Protection Order applications and initiation of Care Proceedings
• Duty rota cover - front line social work
Full time 37 hours per week - free onsite parking
Any suitable candidates will be remotely interviewed.
What's on offer for the Social Worker?
- Excellent competitive pay rate
- Excellent management structure with experienced leaders
- Desirable location with excellent transport links
- A stable and well-supported working environment
You must have:
- A professional qualification in social work and experience of working with Children, in particular previous experience of Assessment work
- Social Work England registration or Social Care Wales registration for North Wales.
- Post qualified experience.
Benefits of working with Semester.co.uk:
- Free on-going training opportunities upon registering as part of our commitment to you.
- Competitive Rates of pay
- In house payroll, providing weekly payments and support
- Enhanced DBS completed.
- Support and expert advice from an approachable, dedicated and friendly team
- An assigned dedicated & experienced consultant
- Various employment opportunities in your preferred geographical area
- Flexible hours to meet your needs, full or part time
- Recommend a friend bonus scheme
- “Find your own job” bonus – get £250 for bringing your own position to us *
If you would like to find out more information about this role, or the other opportunities Semester.co.uk have available feel free to click the 'Apply' button below or contact the team on 0161 4199285**
** Candidates must have a valid enhanced DBS which is preferably on the update service and be able to provide satisfactory references for the past 5 years.