First Response Service is a locality based model with 6 teams covering 5 localities. Rochdale is committed to ensuring social workers having manageable caseloads therefore these 6 posts are additional to the social work establishment to address the demand that has come with increased referral rates. The workers will be managed by a Practice Manager from one of the Locality teams
The social workers role will pick up referrals that progress to assessment across the 5 localities and undertake good quality child led C&F assessments within 15 working days . The assessments will inform decisions whether ongoing social work involvement is required and either step down to other services or create a CIN plan and transfer to the locality team. It is anticipated that this will be completed on a rota of picking up referrals for 2 weeks then the 3rd week locality teams picking up referrals therefore allowing time for the assessments to be written up.
Here at RBC, we are protecting our workers by aiming for 50% capacity in our buildings by the end of September by way of a phased return, meaning that most workers will remain on a working from home and office rota until further notice. This will be subject to regular review and discussion with their line manager. IT Equipment will be assigned to you on your first day and this is what you will use both in the office and at home to reduce the risk of cross contamination.
When visiting the office, people must wash or sanitise their hands regularly, keep their distance from others, follow the one way systems, wear a face covering in the lift and travel in the lift alone. The most up to date information is on the intranet and this must be checked regularly, together with regular updates from senior management.
You must have:
- A professional qualification in Social Work and experience of working with Children
- Social Work England registration or Social Care Wales registration for North Wales.
- Post qualified experience.
- Enhanced DBS/Update service.
- References required for the last 5 years of employment.
What’s on offer for the Social Worker?
- Excellent competitive pay rate
- Excellent management structure with experienced leaders
- Desirable location with excellent transport links
- A stable and well-supported working environment
Benefits of working with Semester.co.uk:
- Free on-going training opportunities upon registering as part of our commitment to you.
- Competitive Rates of pay
- In house payroll, providing weekly payments and support
- Enhanced DBS completed.
- Support and expert advice from an approachable, dedicated and friendly team
- An assigned dedicated & experienced consultant
- Various employment opportunities in your preferred geographical area
- Flexible hours to meet your needs, full or part time
- Recommend a friend bonus scheme
- “Find your own job” bonus – get £250 for bringing your own position to us *
If you would like to find out more information about this role, or other opportunities please visit www.jobs.Semester.co.uk to apply or feel free to click the 'Apply' button below or contact the team on 0161 4199285*